Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: MAC question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I have a G4 900 that I am giving to my dad since I never use it. He has burners in all of his other computers so he wanted a DVD player. I installed it and the computer sees it as a DVD player but how do you play the DVD? Is there other software I need? It is running OS X version 10.3.9 with 1 Gig of ram. Anyone know how to do this? I am more of a PC guy than a Mac guy. I know there are a few people here that live and breathe Mac's.
CptTripps
Should be an app called "DVD Player" in the Applications folder...

If not, let me know.
CptTripps
Here is a link to it, if you don't have it there...

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...vdplayer46.html
JB 914
do they call it 'plug and pray' for a MAC too? cool_shades.gif lol2.gif
ChrisFix
If you have OSX you should have the DVD Player application built in. That is all you need to play DVDs. From the finder, select GO -> Applications -> DVD Player.
CptTripps
QUOTE (joe buckle @ Jul 17 2005, 12:58 PM)
do they call it 'plug and pray' for a MAC too? cool_shades.gif lol2.gif

Nope...thinks just work. wink.gif
skline
It says you need 10.4 to use this program. There is no DVD player application under applications. Any other ideas?
CptTripps
I'll send it to you....

PM me an email address...it's only a 5-6mb app I think.
skline
PM sent, let me know when you sent it so I can go check my email from the MAC. Thanks
skline
I thank you Doug and so does my Father. I downloaded it from your email, and it automatically unzipped and installed. I put in a DVD and it came right up and started playing. That is friken amazing. You are da Man!! pray.gif
CptTripps
I'm not quite sure why it didn't install with the rest of the OS...Hmm.

Glad it all worked out.

-Doug
iamchappy
I might add that macs only read dvd-r media not dvd+r media unless you are running ox 10.4 or better.
skline
The reason it was not installed with the OS is when I loaded it, the DVD was not present. It had a CD writer and only installed writing software. If I wanted to add it, I would have to reload the OS. This is what MAC guru told me when I called to find out what the new OSX 10.4 cost. He was nice on the phone and answered all my questions. It now works and plays the DVDs just fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.