Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: YouTube, Daily Driver., 914 or XKE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
I just received a video regarding a YouTube program, Daily Driver, 914 or XKE speedster.

Features a very clean XKE roadster and Blackula, now owned by Griots.

I was unable to add a link. Check it out on YouTube.

Montreal914
Already a thread on this. smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=350817
boxstr
Not sure why it was listed as a Canepa video. Blackula was in the possession of Griots when the video was made by the two drivers from YouTube Daliy Driver..

The car started life as a 4 cylinder, with a 2.4 6 cylinder conversion. I purchased the from Dan Root who had purchased it from a enthusiast in Mountlake Terrace, and I brought it back to Camp 914, stripped to bare metal with a new black paint job and full red interior. It already had the five lug conversion.

I then sold it to Mike Tobey who stripped the car of interior and motor, and prepared the car for a complete transformation into what you see today. A&M in Hillsboro did the metal work on the car. I supplied Mike with steel flares, front Pilot lights, LeMans seats, also a set of brand new in the box Weber carbs. The car was finally completed and Mike was able to enjoy the car that he spent a lot of time and money to build.

Mike suffered a bad fall from a balcony at a home he was renting while he was building a home in the San Juan’s, and to pay for construction to the home he was building he contacted An auto detailer in Portland to give him a title loan on the 914. When it came time to pay off the loan, the interest rate was so high that he reached out to myself and I reached out to Ken Garchow who then purchased the car from the detailer.

I went with Ken to retrieve the car and drove it to his home in Portland. It was a the most fun 914 I had ever driven.

The car then went through some cleanup and small details. It then went to Canepa and the to Bruce Levin, who died of cancer, and then on to Griots where it still lives.
Craig at CAMP 914
boxstr
Pics
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.