Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sjhenry1075
I'm looking for a set of carbs. I am building a 1911 or 2056 (haven't decided yet) and need something that will run on either, with a mild cam. From what I have read 40IDF would be the ideal size.

I have a 2.0 case with crank and rods (that I haven't split yet) and a running 1.7. If the 2.0 crank is in good shape I'll build a 2056, if its not I'll go with the 1911.

Thanks in advance!
mmichalik
QUOTE(sjhenry1075 @ Jan 8 2021, 06:36 AM) *

I'm looking for a set of carbs. I am building a 1911 or 2056 (haven't decided yet) and need something that will run on either, with a mild cam. From what I have read 40IDF would be the ideal size.

I have a 2.0 case with crank and rods (that I haven't split yet) and a running 1.7. If the 2.0 crank is in good shape I'll build a 2056, if its not I'll go with the 1911.

Thanks in advance!

PM Sent
BillJ
I am sure i have some options for you. Will take a look and see what is available.
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 8 2021, 10:48 AM) *

I am sure i have some options for you. Will take a look and see what is available.

Thank you for your reply Sir, but mmichalik is helping me out. If for some reason it doesn't work out with him I'll contact you.

Thanks again,

Steve
BillJ
No worries and sir is a little too formal for me - Please call me Bill. smile.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 8 2021, 12:05 PM) *

No worries and sir is a little too formal for me - Please call me Bill. smile.gif

No intentions of hijacking here, but if the OP gets what he needs, put me second in line. A few months ago I came upon a '74 1.8 rustout, The metal work is progressing good and I am planning for an engine build. We found a 2.0 and it's on the way, hopefully will have decent guts as I am considering a 2056 with 40IDF and maybe RS+ heads. Not sure about a cam?

thank you
BillJ
QUOTE(930cabman @ Jan 8 2021, 06:46 PM) *

No intentions of hijacking here, but if the OP gets what he needs, put me second in line. A few months ago I came upon a '74 1.8 rustout, The metal work is progressing good and I am planning for an engine build. We found a 2.0 and it's on the way, hopefully will have decent guts as I am considering a 2056 with 40IDF and maybe RS+ heads. Not sure about a cam?

thank you

My parents are both from Hamburg originally. Small world. Going to look tomorrow for some good examples and will reach out via pm.
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 8 2021, 11:29 PM) *

QUOTE(930cabman @ Jan 8 2021, 06:46 PM) *

thank you

My parents are both from Hamburg originally. Small world. Going to look tomorrow for some good examples and will reach out via pm.

Thank you Bill!
mmichalik
PM and email Sent with the pictures. Let me know what you think
blufrogjk
I have a pair of Solex 40-PII-4 carbs and manifolds off a race engine. PM me for pics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.