Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gold is not easily approachable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Happy New Year people:

Can a smarter individual than me correctly name my car's original color according to the book - whatever book that would be? L 97 G
Thanks

beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
Gold metallic, L97g, (88 for /6) 71-72 but I have no clue what the differance is with L97h, 72-74 gold metallic.
confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jan 8 2021, 08:40 AM) *

Happy New Year people:

Can a smarter individual than me correctly name my car's original color according to the book - whatever book that would be? L 97 G
Thanks

beerchug.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=colors

shades.gif

Cairo94507
Yup....Gold Metallic. You can see it peaking at you from behind the door hinge. Sorry. beerchug.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 8 2021, 09:15 AM) *

Yup....Gold Metallic. You can see it peaking at you from behind the door hinge. Sorry. beerchug.gif

Very cool color!
Steve
There is Gold in dem der hills!!
forrestkhaag
Thanks to all input. I will let the new owner change it back to L97G.............

I will buy him a zoot suit to match...........

lol-2.gif
mrholland2
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jan 8 2021, 10:34 AM) *

Thanks to all input. I will let the new owner change it back to L97G.............

I will buy him a zoot suit to match...........

lol-2.gif

Does that mean the pictured car is up for sale? Or just the "in the vast future of time" next owner? blink.gif
FRUNKenstein
Guards Red is the fastest color, so count your blessings. Word on the street is that it adds 25 hp at the rear wheels. Just sayin'.
wndsrfr
Go with the gold metallic--use a quality paint--Glasurit is what I used and the paint simply glows in the sunlight--just beautiful!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
Just replace the karmann plate to reflect the current color bootyshake.gif
potomacmidget
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jan 8 2021, 10:12 PM) *

Go with the gold metallic--use a quality paint--Glasurit is what I used and the paint simply glows in the sunlight--just beautiful!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

I know that car!
Cairo94507
Nice looking car; please shorten that tailpipe. Your car will look better and you won't whack your shin when you scoot past it in the garage.
RickS
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jan 8 2021, 07:12 PM) *

Where you waxed over the front bumper top, buy a dye product in an applicator similar to shoe polish. It’s called Forever Black. It may take a few coats but will look great and not wash off. When I use it on vintage rubber and plastic, it returns it to new. Great stuff.

Love dem wheels. Good choice.
sixnotfour
when Gold crashes..
Tbrown4x4
I know a lot of people hate the metallic gold, but I think it looks amazing. My '71 parts car is an L97G car, and I will probably try to save it just because it's gold.

And for the record, if I could have a 914 in every color made, I could not pick a favorite. The FACTORY never mad an ugly 914!
wonkipop
put it back to gold.
its farken amazing
(not ordering, begging)
Steve

And I think Forrest would look good in a Zoot suit!! beerchug.gif
second wind
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Jan 10 2021, 02:07 AM) *

I know a lot of people hate the metallic gold, but I think it looks amazing. My '71 parts car is an L97G car, and I will probably try to save it just because it's gold.

And for the record, if I could have a 914 in every color made, I could not pick a favorite. The FACTORY never mad an ugly 914!

That car is amazing and great shock value picture but to me does not look very bad at all.....please tell what model, etc.....thank you,
gg
forrestkhaag
Agreed as to factory primary color choices being great. Of course,
gold is not a primary color............ hence beerchug.gif the color change too Red.
forrestkhaag
Agreed as to factory primary color choices being great. Of course,
gold is not a primary color............ hence beerchug.gif the color change too Red.
Maltese Falcon
Eric's gold 911 is the bees knees...picture does it no justice...must see in person !
Photographed here, by member Dave @two914-6s , in L. A. at the Broad Museum
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
OK...the 914 content, black six and the owner Sherwood @screenguy914 . Gold 911 photobomb at the Broad Museum, Photo by Dave @two914-6s .
Late night photo ops around DTLA biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.