Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 restomod concept
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HIPPIEKILLER
I always thought the 914 should have had side air scoops

IPB Image

External link

Cairo94507
I really like the rear fender air duct design. I do not like the headlights in the turn signal buckets.
tygaboy
I think it's that everyone is trying to Singer-ize something. It's happening to many classics - BMWs, Alfas...
Or maybe whenever I see a classic that's being highly resto-modded/updated, or whatever you want to call it, Singer comes to mind. Not that I have a problem with that.

Regardless, in the end, beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or check writer).

Keep calm and modify on. aktion035.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jan 9 2021, 06:35 AM) *

I think it's that everyone is trying to Singer-ize something. It's happening to many classics - BMWs, Alfas...
Or maybe whenever I see a classic that's being highly resto-modded/updated, or whatever you want to call it, Singer comes to mind. Not that I have a problem with that.

Isn't the motor too wide to fit between the suspension ,pretty sure I read that somewhere ?.
Sure would be a fun car if it could be done.
HIPPIEKILLER
For what I read, it is based on Cayman.

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jan 8 2021, 01:47 PM) *

Isn't the motor too wide to fit between the suspension ,pretty sure I read that somewhere ?.

mbseto
That's a better treatment that many I've seen. But try this on for size...

Start with a Factory Five 818 tube frame (wheel base is same as a 914 + about 3/4"), WRX engine and suspension components, and body work from a 914.

Click to view attachment

This would be relatively easy to build, economical, and it would be a screamer.
mepstein
QUOTE(mbseto @ Jan 8 2021, 05:18 PM) *

That's a better treatment that many I've seen. But try this on for size...

Start with a Factory Five 818 tube frame (wheel base is same as a 914 + about 3/4"), WRX engine and suspension components, and body work from a 914.

Click to view attachment

This would be relatively easy to build, economical, and it would be a screamer.

You just ruined my evening since that's probably all I will think about. headbang.gif
Mark Henry

Yes it's too wide for the trailing arm points.

Wasn't there a 914/boxster creation several years ago? There's a thread on it here somewhere, boxster chassis and 914 body.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 8 2021, 06:14 PM) *

Yes it's too wide for the trailing arm points.

Wasn't there a 914/boxster creation several years ago? There's a thread on it here somewhere, boxster chassis and 914 body.

Yea. It was orange with wide bodywork. Sat pretty high for a 914.
Mueller
Boxster/Cayman engine fits if you swap in the rear suspension from 993/996/986 or the like. I posted a pic a while back.
barefoot
QUOTE(HIPPIEKILLER @ Jan 8 2021, 11:53 AM) *

I always thought the 914 should have had side air scoops

IPB Image

Like these ? just right for small external oil cooler.

Click to view attachment
914forme
I really like the 818 idea, and just add the pieces to make it look like a 914. Then 914Rubber has the molds once perfected a Sheridan kit on it, cover some monster meats. Then go and driving.gif the stromberg.gif out of it!

Door sealing etc... becomes an issue, but it is not bad.

You really only need the cockpit area, and if the car was rusty enough or hit in the front or the rear you should be doing it a favor.

But then I would just build the 818 chassis, put a helmet on, and just drive it, aka Atom, , Lotus 7, early 30s F1 cars, etc....

You don't need all that extra crap really. Yes it is nice, A/C is nice, I getting old and pampered. dry.gif

BTW, back to the original topic, nice rendering. Now it has to get to physical reality, we will see.

It has been done with several cars.
914 Boxster
904 Boxster
Karmann Ghia Boxster - my favorite just wish it was a coupe.

Not sure why to start with a Cayman, except Boxster is to played out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.