Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper Shaft Bushing Order?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
Can somebody confirm the correct order of the wiper shaft bushings? This is what makes sense to me. The screw driver shows the position of the cowl sheet metal.
rhodyguy
Cool site. New one to me.
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 8 2021, 10:49 PM) *

Cool site. New one to me.

I like the large clear parts diagrams and its a very easy to use site.
bkrantz
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 8 2021, 08:12 PM) *

Thanks, but just like the official Porsche Katalog there are common small errors or omissions. For example, I am pretty sure that the large metal washers (left most in my photo sequence) are original, and probably in the right place. But these do not appear in the diagram.

And none of the diagrams refer to the cowl panel, i.e. which parts are below or above.
BillC
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jan 8 2021, 08:59 PM) *

Can somebody confirm the correct order of the wiper shaft bushings? This is what makes sense to me. The screw driver shows the position of the cowl sheet metal.

When I put my wiper assembly back in, this is the order in which I put the parts:

Going left to right:
  • Wiper shaft
  • flat washer
  • cupped washer facing out (the one in the upper right corner of your pic)
  • rubber grommet with raised lip facing out (the one to the right of your screwdriver)
  • cowl sheet panel
  • rubber grommet with recess (the one to the left of your screwdriver)
  • cupped washer facing down
  • nut
  • plastic cover,
  • wiper arm
  • black acorn nut
Basically, the only differences between your pic and what I did was to add the "extra" cupped washer between the flat washer and the rubber grommet inside the cowl, and switched the rubber grommets (the one with the lip on the inside facing out). By putting the grommet with the lip on the inside, it makes it easier to center the wiper shafts in the holes in the cowl.
bkrantz
Thanks!
wonkipop
shop manual.

Click to view attachment

car (never been apart).

Click to view attachment

going off that cowl is between 9 and 10 i think - so you got it right in your orig photo.
far as i can tell. except there is another nut by the looks of it.
forgot to put up the next page which continues part numbers.
will find it.
wonkipop
next page

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

note - shite spray finish where you don't see in a 914.
all you guys gotta be careful not to over-restore. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.