Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do Koni adjustable shocks have a part number on them?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
Do Koni adjustable shocks have a part number on them?
idea.gif

I can't get to my car right now to verify but if they do have a number on them, that would help me with ordering replacements. My fronts are toast so i was going to get a new set.

My suspension is cobbled together from various 911 parts bins and i'm not sure what to order.
unsure.gif

914andy
The Koni's I have ....have the part# stamped on the body of the strut. My #'s
are also for a 911....75 911 Carrera 911 341 04210
77 911 Carrera 911 341 04110

Andy
dhuckabay
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 8 2021, 07:43 PM) *

Do Koni adjustable shocks have a part number on them?
idea.gif

I can't get to my car right now to verify but if they do have a number on them, that would help me with ordering replacements. My fronts are toast so i was going to get a new set.

My suspension is cobbled together from various 911 parts bins and i'm not sure what to order.
unsure.gif

Been down this road on a 1975 911. Took me 8 orders to get the right shocks. Never saw a part number. At least with the 75 if there was a boss on the bottom it was the wrong one. Seems like there was a real lack of documentation as Porsche really only wanted to ship Boge.
Krieger
Last I remember the Red shocks are nla. I think just the Koni Sport are. (Yellow).
dhuckabay
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 8 2021, 09:56 PM) *

Last I remember the Red shocks are nla. I think just the Koni Sport are. (Yellow).

That was my problem. Kept getting the yellow. it has the hub on the bottom. Was able to get the new red ones. Seems like most of the suppliers advertised the red ones ans shipped the yellow ones.
sixnotfour
Hopefully you have Boge Struts with Koni inserts..
914Sixer
Koni Reds (special D) hydraulic shocks depending on the year your housings are

86-1638
86-1647
Krieger
PSI at Sears Point can rebuild your old ones if they are red and you want to keep them. Not cheap though.
bdstone914
@SirAndy

If you have Boge struts from a 911 they changed in March 1983 from an internally to externally threaded housing.
Best to go by the part number on the strut housing to get the right front insert.
All Koni are adjustable and marked.
SirAndy
Should have clarified, these are modern yellow Koni's.
I bought them new some 15 years ago when Brad still had his shop in Novato at SSI.

The strut parts of my suspension are from a mid '80s Carrera.
idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.