Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilt 1700 CC long block
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Al Meredith
I am about to start a 2056 and need to sell a rebuilt 1700 that is on my engine run-up stand. The pictures shows it with tin, shroud and 32/36 carb, which I would like to keep because I only use these items for run-up and test purposes . This would be a great for a substitute engine while you rebuild your own . I can arrange to help with delivery within a coulpe hundred miles of Atlanta .Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
B2524
What new parts were used in the rebuild?
Robarabian
bump @mm1
Al Meredith
QUOTE(B2524 @ Jan 9 2021, 02:19 PM) *

New mains and rods , new rings ,new oil seals and gaskets. The valves were lapped and the exhaust ports were opened up , I do this to 1.7 heads because the exhaust ports don't open up to the gaskets. I do balance the pistons and the rods and on this engine I did not install the "head caskets" . If you are interested I have a direct reading oil pressure gauge installed so I can tell you the pressures and I can do a pressure test on the cylinders as well. As I remember the oil pressure was 40 PSI while cranking without plugs . AL
Al Meredith
[quote name='B2524' post='2881625' date='Jan 9 2021, 02:19 PM']
[/quote Let me add that the engine is on my run-up stand and has been run about every other month and has no leaks .
Pops71Por
[quote name='Al Meredith' date='Jan 11 2021, 11:14 AM' post='2882045']
[quote name='B2524' post='2881625' date='Jan 9 2021, 02:19 PM']
[/quote Let me add that the engine is on my run-up stand and has been run about every other month and has no leaks .
[/quote]

What is the case #,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.