Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle area 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
HaraPuzo
can anyone check this 914 out for me?
located in Seattle area.
cool colour. chowtime.gif
I've never owned one before and wanted to know if this is a good starter car.

https://www.universitymotorsports.com/detai...he-914/63398996

Stuckon914
That thing has been posted for as long as I can remember; someone has likely already seen it and can offer an opinion. It’s not going anywhere
mightyohm
QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Jan 10 2021, 01:13 PM) *

can anyone check this 914 out for me?
located in Seattle area.
cool colour. chowtime.gif

https://www.universitymotorsports.com/detai...he-914/63398996

Not a good starter car imho. There’s a whole lot of neglect there, and that’s not including whatever is hidden in the hell hole, in the trunks and under the carpets.
Slant nose conversion.
Those wheels are worth something these days.
sixnotfour
@914werke

Its been in the same spot for years
914werke
So...Here is the story.
As mentioned it has been immovable for at least 7 years I know of. Probably more than that. Its sitting in the back of a LOW cost used auto dealer (think 1-5K autos).
Across the street was a independent MB servicer that packed it in and put up the property FS (you can see it in the ad pic). It is an interesting property w/3 service bays a warehouse section & a small office. I have been on the lookout for a shop/property for a while so I went to look at it turns out its a pkg deal including a 1920's home directly behind it.
Too much $'s for me & I stopped across the street to look at that car.
Its... parts. That ad pic is several years old & it llooks much worse now & what is still there is questionable at that.
Its also on Offerup.com for the same ridiculous price.
I made an offer on it but never got a response.
Even for parts I think the challenge may be getting it on a trailer as Im pretty certain it will crack into several pieces from tin worm
914werke
QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Jan 10 2021, 01:13 PM) *

NO
HaraPuzo
thanks for the feedback(s).
will continue to look elsewhere.
I'll ask again for thoughts in the future.
Orest
Badinfluence1
I have seen the car, Thick mold through-out the interior- SERIOUS rust underneath- This is for the ambitious with deep pockets. Look in Eastern Washington and the SW, the desert climate will give the car a better chance to survive
dirtfarmer13
im in eastern washington have a clean 75 needs to be put togather have two thousand in other parts all must go 7500 for all
Root_Werks
About 15 years ago this 914 sat at a dealer on 15th in the U Dist.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.