Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Too hot to work on 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Well, I've stopped working on my 914 until September. The highs have been in the 90's with the heat index in the upper 90's, low 100's. Between the hurricanes, we've been getting afternoon sever thunderstorms, therefore, I've decided to shift my activity more to the home and the 'honey-due' list.

Well, I've completed the 'honey-due' list for the weekend and me and my 'boys' decided for a little RnR....

Here they are 'racing' to the floats...
watsonrx13
Here they are after retrieving the floats...
watsonrx13
When we had the pool designed, we added an area that my boys could rest at, normally called a sun-deck, we renamed the 'dashund-deck'...

They have a chance to rest between 'runs'...

watsonrx13
Finally, your's truly, playing with my 'boys'....

Ya'll enjoy your summer, because I definately willl..... biggrin.gif beerchug.gif mueba.gif
spare time toys
To hot here also. I have been thinking of getting a window unit for the shop. I would have to run electricity out there then. I just use extension cords now.
watsonrx13
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jul 17 2005, 01:54 PM)
To hot here also. I have been thinking of getting a window unit for the shop.  I would have to run electricity out there then.  I just use extension cords now.

I tell my northern friends that summer down here is like winter up north, you just don't do that much outside. Fortunately for Florida, our summers only last 2-3 months, then it's 'balls to the wall' for working outside....
tat2dphreak
on the weekends I get out to the shop by 9am, but have to stop by noon... Friday I made it until 1pm, today 11:30 was IT... it's too hot and humid to get SHIT done...

the weekdays I try to get out there at around 7:30pm and work til 9:30 or so... knowing I have to get up early for work the next day... so I don't get much done there either...

when we get a house, I WILL have A/C in the garage, either a window unit or 3-4 of the corner "personal" A/Cs...

MoveQik
I was driving home from down town today and the digital thermometer on my mirror said 115. Ferchrisakes. Needless to say, I WASN'T in the 914!

Is there a "I'm sweating my balls off smiley"?
J P Stein
Ah, the lovely Northwest.....mid 90s today, over 100 tomorrow.
We need some rain. biggrin.gif
redshift
Woohoo! You have the same pool I had in Orlando...

I miss that pool.

M
MBowman325
I don't normally pay much attention to DFW weather unless talking to a friend of mine. You guys seem to have been getting a fair amount of rain. All we get are clouds. 50%+ humidity and 95+ isn't much fun anywhere. (We get about 12" less a year than DFW; 24 vs 36) It's waht, 12-30 inches for you guys and gals out in Az?

Last summer was awfully nice though. Cool and rainy.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Jul 17 2005, 10:47 AM)
When we had the pool designed, we added an area that my boys could rest at, normally called a sun-deck, we renamed the 'dashund-deck'...

They have a chance to rest between 'runs'...

Sweet! I envy those dogs...they don't have to worry about push rod tubes and stupid previous owners biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (MBowman325 @ Jul 17 2005, 02:21 PM)
I don't normally pay much attention to DFW weather unless talking to a friend of mine. You guys seem to have been getting a fair amount of rain. All we get are clouds. 50%+ humidity and 95+ isn't much fun anywhere. (We get about 12" less a year than DFW; 24 vs 36) It's waht, 12-30 inches for you guys and gals out in Az?

Last summer was awfully nice though. Cool and rainy.

I think the average in Phx is 8" or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.