Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Machine Shop & Paint Shop Southern California
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barnfind9141972
Hi everyone, new here so have a hard time searching through the forums. Very excited for a current 914 project, 20 year sitting car that I’ve taken the engine out and repaired the harness due to rat damage. Looking to have a machine shop go through the engine to clean and refresh and have a couple of questions. First should I stay stock, currently 1.7 with FI and want to keep FI (I think) and do a stock refresh? Other option would be to do the popular big bore kit I think the 2056 upgrade? Would love some opinions.

Also need the car painted, couple of dents worked on, and the infamous rust repairs that aren’t too bad compared to what some google searches show. Anyone know a reputable shop that won’t make me take a mortgage out on the house? Haha

Hopefully people can help out, this place is awesome for all the endless knowledge. Thanks in advance!
Superhawk996
welcome.png

914Toy
art’s place in Cosra Mesa does excellent body/paint work.
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 11 2021, 06:16 PM) *

welcome.png

Thank you for the welcome! piratenanner.gif
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(914Toy @ Jan 11 2021, 06:41 PM) *

art’s place in Cosra Mesa does excellent body/paint work.

Awesome thank you so much, will call for an estimate! Hopefully won’t break the bank! beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
Your best bet in the long run is to learn to work on these cars.

Owning a 50 year old car and having to constantly pay others will add up. We are all in different circumstances but learning to do at least the minor stuff can be a huge money saver.

Haynes manual is a great resource as is this site. Factory manual is available below:
http://p914-6info.net/Manuals.htm

Have fun with it!
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 12 2021, 04:49 AM) *

Your best bet in the long run is to learn to work on these cars.

Owning a 50 year old car and having to constantly pay others will add up. We are all in different circumstances but learning to do at least the minor stuff can be a huge money saver.

Haynes manual is a great resource as is this site. Factory manual is available below:
http://p914-6info.net/Manuals.htm

Have fun with it!

Thank you! I’m doing pretty much everything besides some of the body work, paint and being the car has sat for 20 years I think machining is best. Other than that everything else is being done in the garage but this manual will help a lot thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.