Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7L Heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pops71Por
have a '71 recently purchased. Has 1.7L head w/ 021.101.371Q stamped and it has two holes in the cooling fins next to the air intake bolts. I assume ERG but PO had nothing attached. the head on 3/4 side same #s but B stamped and no holes. should these be plugged or where do i source the correct outlets to plumb?Click to view attachment
914_teener
QUOTE(Pops71Por @ Jan 11 2021, 05:50 PM) *

have a '71 recently purchased. Has 1.7L head w/ 021.101.371Q stamped and it has two holes in the cooling fins next to the air intake bolts. I assume ERG but PO had nothing attached. the head on 3/4 side same #s but B stamped and no holes. should these be plugged or where do i source the correct outlets to plumb?Click to view attachment

71 didn't have exhaust gas recirculation. The vent hole goes to the pvc valve tower.

Normally that vent is on the drivers side head. The stampings are usually that the heads have been rebuilt before.

Those are Q heads which are desirable if in good shape.

There should be only one hole tapped into the valve covered side for the pvc vent. Post another picture showing it.
Pops71Por
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jan 11 2021, 09:08 PM) *

71 didn't have exhaust gas recirculation. The vent hole goes to the pvc valve tower.

Normally that vent is on the drivers side head. The stampings are usually that the heads have been rebuilt before.

There should be only one hole tapped into the valve covered side for the pvc vent. Post another picture showing it.

Here are the two heads. only one has the holes (pictured-hole next to stud) but included heads w numbers

New to the engine world, always had done body and interior before so appreciate the advice. Want to get on the road for spring/summer drives!
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
914_teener
QUOTE(Pops71Por @ Jan 11 2021, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Jan 11 2021, 09:08 PM) *

Here are the two heads. only one has the holes (pictured-hole next to stud) but included heads w numbers

New to the engine world, always had done body and interior before so appreciate the advice. Want to get on the road for spring/summer drives!
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Don't know if it is just the resolution of the picture, but in the very lowest picture from the top the valve stem looks damaged or ? Sorry other than that I'd run them on a 1.7. Have somebody in the know check them even if it costs you a few bucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.