Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking of selling...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
I'm pondering selling my Yeller-73 to do it all over again. This time, I think I want to do a Renegade Subaru conversion. Something about a 300hp turbo 4-cyl that gets 23+mpg is REALLY appealing! I'd be selling mine off towards the end of the summer, so I can start on the 'project', but want an hones opinion on what I could expect to get for mine...

I'm more interested to see if it's worth the effort or not. I KNOW I'm not going to get what I have into it, but want to know what to expect. Most of you know my car from my progress thread. (Link in my sig)

...anyone have an idea?

I think if I could manage to get $8,500, I'd be happy. Possible?
Joe Bob
Hmmmm, if your current tub is pristine....why sell it? Convert that one.....unless it's CW to the max.....
redshift
You have fallen prey. Careful; You will never be satisfied.

I think you should look back over your progress, and think about enjoying what you have done... at least for a lil while.

smile.gif

M
jd74914
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 17 2005, 05:28 PM)
Hmmmm, if your current tub is pristine....why sell it? Convert that one.....unless it's CW to the max.....

agree.gif

For once I agree with Mike. Its not like you would be cutting up an original /6.

You might get $8.5K on eBay . . . prices have been going crazy for the past year wacko.gif
CptTripps
I just see things I wished I'd done differently...or better. Those little things that I see every time I wash the car. The whole thing was a learning experience, so I don't think it was at all wasted time/money...

I'm not a CW, but I'd like Flares on the next one. I'd like to do a few of the seals over again.

I guess I could re-do all the body work AGAIN...but I'd rather start with a tub that I had dipped. Clean slate and all...
CptTripps
On second thought...maybe I'll see about getting a Sub-$1K car and taking my time rebuilding it. I don't have to do it all in 5 months this time...

Maybe I'll just enjoy this one for a while...work on the Vespa I bought.

Who knows...I'll stop now.
tat2dphreak
one more agreeing with Zois.

your car would probably bring the 8500, but the idea of starting over on a tub don't sound good to me... you already know this one is fixed right...

at the rate you complete projects a suby is only a weekend chore anyway...

ok, nevermind... sell this one, start over... that way you'll REALLY make everyone, including myself look TERRIBLE... you'll have 2 completed projects before we get on the road... I think that is what you're going for right?!

I think we need to handicap you this time... you cannot use an air compressor, or electricity to power any tools... no ratchets either... just old rusty wrenches, and broken screwdrivers... wink.gif it's only fair... give us a chance!

redshift
lol

AND NO HANDS

M
CptTripps
Just so I have the rules right....

Just me with my feet and 'jimmy' in the dark with a 30yr old german car and a pile of broken screwdrivers and rusty box wrenches?

Actually, I was thinking of making this more of an 'American Express Restoration' for the body work. That's really the only part I didn't enjoy. I'd love to spend the winter polishing up all the bits and pieces, and then after the 'body shop' is done with it, put her back together over the course of a couple of months.

Or do like American Chopper and just weld the bodywork up, and then send it off for mud and paint.

Again...I'm just thinking out loud at this point.

bd1308
someday i'm goign to have to come up there to see your tube amps.....listen to them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.