Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
I have a stock ‘73 2.0 L with D-jet. I do not plan to track the car. I want to upgrade the distributor, the 123 seems to be the best offering. The site recommends non programmable for d-jet, anyone have input as to which is the best unit. Also, I’m wondering if this unit would be usable on a carbureted engine in the future.
Thanks for any input.

John
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Jan 14 2021, 03:50 PM) *

I have a stock ‘73 2.0 L with D-jet. I do not plan to track the car. I want to upgrade the distributor, the 123 seems to be the best offering. The site recommends non programmable for d-jet, anyone have input as to which is the best unit. Also, I’m wondering if this unit would be usable on a carbureted engine in the future.
Thanks for any input.

John

Get the Bluetooth unit. You can store 2 curves on your iPhone plus turn the distributer off; that’s a plus, no one can start your car when the 1-2-3 is off
There’s a thread totally devoted to the 1-2-3 that will help you
rfinegan
I have on in my 75 Djet 2.0. runs better, starts easier and smother idle. No more mechanical ignition point or injection points and has several curves for the stock configs to choose from
BillJ
My understanding, and the one that i purchased for my 2056 D-Jet engine, is that you can only use the multiprogram unit without Bluetooth if you are still using vacuum advance. Bluetooth is only for carbs as I was informed.
pete000
Well worth the price of admission !
Dave_Darling
Do you have D-jet? If so, you must use the one that also sends trigger points signals. IIRC, there's only one and it is not programmable but lets you pick from a number of pre-set advance curves.

--DD
Morph914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 14 2021, 06:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Morph914 @ Jan 14 2021, 03:50 PM) *

Thanks for any input.

John

Get the Bluetooth unit. You can store 2 curves on your iPhone plus turn the distributer off; that’s a plus, no one can start your car when the 1-2-3 is off
There’s a thread totally devoted to the 1-2-3 that will help you

Are you running the Bluetooth with DJet? The site recommends the non programable unit for the d jet, but I figured I would ask before diving in.

Cheers,
John
Morph914
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 14 2021, 07:02 PM) *

My understanding, and the one that i purchased for my 2056 D-Jet engine, is that you can only use the multiprogram unit without Bluetooth if you are still using vacuum advance. Bluetooth is only for carbs as I was informed.

Thank you Bill, this was my understanding as well, but wanted to double check.

John
Morph914
QUOTE(rfinegan @ Jan 14 2021, 06:58 PM) *

I have on in my 75 Djet 2.0. runs better, starts easier and smother idle. No more mechanical ignition point or injection points and has several curves for the stock configs to choose from

Great to hear, I believe I’m sold on it! Any place better than the other to purchase from?
jim_hoyland
I stand corrected. I have an L-Jet in any case.
Call Ed at 1-2-3, he will give you the latest. Mention 914World, he may still be giving us a break.
(440) 668-8164
Located in Ohio
SO.O.C914er
This will change your car for the better. You will be so happy! agree.gif driving.gif Drive on
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.