Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best 914 manuals/reference?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ford Cook
Just made the deal to
Purchase a 914 that is stripped to
The tub and needs reassembly. The parts are all there and well labeled, but I’d like to see what are some quality manuals for the car?
914Sixer
Go on line to the Porsche Classic and download the PET(parts book). It has exploded diagrams of how things come apart. Find a copy of the FSM (factory service manual) on CD. Haynes manual is mostly about engines, trans, brakes, etc, doesn't cover lots of stuff.
930cabman
Welcome aboard. I am also new to the 914 life after being a car guy for 50+ years. I actually was considering purchase of a new 914 in 1972, ended up choosing a squareback. The information on 914 world is very good and everyone is quite helpful. I have found an original Porsche 8 volume set and it works for most things, but also have a Clymer it helps for some things. #1 concern with the 914 is rust, I have been somewhat lucky in the example we have is not too bad, I have seen much worse.
Best of luck
Coondog
All your answers are right here. Read every post on Lapuwali and every built thread. I have learned more from this site then any manual could teach you. Oh yeah, don’t be afraid to just ask.
barefoot
914 Service manuals in here:

http://early911nzdownloads.yolasite.com/workshop-manuals.php
Grant Jones
Click to view attachment
Porsche Factory set of 8 binders

Grant Jones
QUOTE(Grant Jones @ Jan 16 2021, 12:15 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Porsche Factory set of 8 binders. I personally bought these manuals from the Porsche factory in Stuttgart a number of years ago

wonkipop

yes, you can't go wrong with the FSM.

a handy quick reference to have off the side is the small pocket sized technical specifications book to go with the FSM.

you can find that as downloads on the internet. can't remember where anymore as i did the downloads a decade ago. but they around as they are for 911s.
bbrock
Factory Service Manual? I rarely use it. I've only referenced it 3 time today. rolleyes.gif

Between the FSM and Parts Katalog you'll be able to figure out 90% of the assembly. What you can't find in there, you can find here on the forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.