Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lapuwali has a new engine!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
James Montebello (Lapuwali) was gracious enough to take JLO's engine off of my hands. Here's a few pics of the 2.2 Dell carbed motor going to it's new home. James says he may have it in by next week!

clap.gif

Loading in my trailer....

Bill P.
nine14cats
strapping the baby down...
nine14cats
Unloading at her new home....
nine14cats
Up the driveway...
nine14cats
Beer Time!!! beerchug.gif
lapuwali
Gee, is my butt really that big?

Thanks much, Bill and Doris. Since I (just) discovered that you can't remove or replace the center rod of a side-shifter w/ the engine in place, I'll have to wait to acquire those parts before I install the new engine. Maybe the week after next...

Anyone want a smoking (as in out the exhaust, not as in fast) 1.7 with a grunchy tail-shifter? biggrin.gif

redshift
rolleyes.gif

I think Britt Dodd Dood was looking for one.

smile.gif

M
neo914-6
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jul 17 2005, 05:31 PM)
Gee, is my butt really that big?

Thanks much, Bill and Doris. Since I (just) discovered that you can't remove or replace the center rod of a side-shifter w/ the engine in place, I'll have to wait to acquire those parts before I install the new engine. Maybe the week after next...

Anyone want a smoking (as in out the exhaust, not as in fast) 1.7 with a grunchy tail-shifter? biggrin.gif

James,

So the suby conversion is kaput? You're gonna be hard pressed to bring the 912 to breakfasts when this is running... wink.gif
lapuwali
I was pretty intent on the Soob conversion, but this deal came up, and I got a chance to drive JLO with this drivetrain first. It's a one afternoon to a running car deal instead of several months of faffing about with a Soob conversion deal. Hard to beat that, esp. considering this is quite a bit cheaper than a Soob conversion would be.

I'm putting the 912 on the block as soon as I finish a couple of details on it. With any luck, I'll be driving a 914 to the next breakfast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.