Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Back (Coldwater914.com)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IM101
Hello world,

After a long absence, a couple false starts, a cradle redesign, and bunch of other random hurdles, I am officially shipping parts again.

I have updated my member vendor post with more details and will be getting the website updated with new photos etc when I can. But the most important thing -

I AM BACK

And damn it feels good to be welding again!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
RiqueMar
QUOTE(IM101 @ Jan 19 2021, 09:41 AM) *

Hello world,

After a long absence, a couple false starts, a cradle redesign, and bunch of other random hurdles, I am officially shipping parts again.

I have updated my member vendor post with more details and will be getting the website updated with new photos etc when I can. But the most important thing -

I AM BACK

This looks like a very nice piece, great work! For those of us not familiar, what is this for?

Cairo94507
I am guessing a Subaru engine swap cradle? Definitely looks like a well made and nicely completed piece. Welcome back @IM101 . beerchug.gif
IM101
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jan 19 2021, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(IM101 @ Jan 19 2021, 09:41 AM) *

Hello world,

I AM BACK

This looks like a very nice piece, great work! For those of us not familiar, what is this for?

It's for a subaru conversion in the 914, I started producing them back in 2012 when the only option on the market was overpriced and didn't have the ability to use the subaru trans. I've been through about 3-4 small revisions since the first version and this is the first major update to the cradle. My member vendor thread has more detail
mda123
Awesome! I'm nowhere near the point in the project where engine mounting and trans questions are being addressed, but happy to know there are great options like this. Bookmarked for sure!
mbseto
Welcome back. Those are some pretty welds...
76-914
Truly a work of art. beerchug.gif
IM101
Thanks guys,

For more welds/fabrication/general coldwater info I have created a instagram and FB account that I will be trying to keep updated as well. feel free to follow.

Instagram
Facebook

-Ian
Chris H.
Looks great Ian!
willieg
Ian: I have one of your original cradles under my 3.0 Susie engine and tranny. It works great but your new cradles look awesome. Good luck being back in business.
AZBanks
Mad skills with the welder!
jim_hoyland
Beautiful work ! Makes me want a Subby. motor... smile.gif
Front yard mechanic
I'm ready for one is there a buy for the first up biggrin.gif
mb911
Looks like pulse MIG. Nice part.
IM101
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Jan 23 2021, 05:58 PM) *

I'm ready for one is there a buy for the first up biggrin.gif

Email me at ian@coldwater914.com

Happy to answer any questions you have. Of the first run of 20 have several that have not been claimed yet.

-Ian
IM101
Thanks for all the love guys, again real please to be back under the hood welding. Spent four years at metaltech4x4 learning to fabricate roll cages and off-road armor back in the day, loved welding then still love it now.

And just a standard Miller 200 @mb911 I wish I had a pulse mig setup!
mb911
QUOTE(IM101 @ Jan 24 2021, 10:21 AM) *

Thanks for all the love guys, again real please to be back under the hood welding. Spent four years at metaltech4x4 learning to fabricate roll cages and off-road armor back in the day, loved welding then still love it now.

I am all about fabrication. These are some of my products. It looks as though you have a nice product. Click to view attachment
IM101
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 24 2021, 11:25 AM) *

I am all about fabrication. These are some of my products. It looks as though you have a nice product. Click to view attachment

Geeez, talk about work of art! Tig’d stainless is hard to beat. I recently snagged a Multimatic 200 so I could brush up on my tig, hoping to make a stainless version of my cradle one day!
mb911
QUOTE(IM101 @ Jan 25 2021, 05:24 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 24 2021, 11:25 AM) *

Geeez, talk about work of art! Tig’d stainless is hard to beat. I recently snagged a Multimatic 200 so I could brush up on my tig, hoping to make a stainless version of my cradle one day!

Thanks.. well if you ever need a contractor to do stainless ones for you let me know.
Dr Evil
Great news!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.