Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another tire thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbgoggans
What tires are you running on your 914?
What size do you like?
Looking for a set of sticky tires that will ideally not kill me in the rain so probably no r888 what do y’all like?
JOEPROPER
I have Firestone Firehawks that will be hitting the road this Spring. Supposed to be sticky. Inexpensive option that will probably time out before they wear out.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(wbgoggans @ Jan 19 2021, 03:24 PM) *

What tires are you running on your 914?
What size do you like?
Looking for a set of sticky tires that will ideally not kill me in the rain so probably no r888 what do y’all like?
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jan 19 2021, 03:51 PM) *

I have Firestone Firehawks that will be hitting the road this Spring. Supposed to be sticky. Inexpensive option that will probably time out before they wear out.

i put new firehawks(indy500) on the car about 1000 miles ago , this year, and ran 2 days autocross with them. They are a 300 wear rating, i could run as low as 200 so i might get a extra set of rims to put some 200's on but i would say these are very sticky and i never got loose , so if you need one set that you can A/X with and daily drive with i think they are the best option out there. the ride on the road is great too, not harsh or noisy.
Phil
Racer
mmm another Tire thread! It used to be oil threads everyday.. now its tires.. any guesses on what will be next?

fwiw, I run 195/60-14 Falken Azenis on my 914/6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.