Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 style muffler bracket and straps infomercial
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I thought this is a needed information for the group. I have been sending brackets and straps with the mufflers for a while but recently switched to a better strap that I have laser cut but isn't as bulky as the old ones but does require you to bend them around the muffler to form them. It takes 10 seconds per strap to do. Below you will see the straps as they come, then after you bend them around the muffler and then of the bracket for reference. Let me know if you have any questions. Also note these are designed to protect your investment from failing prematurely. The factory design is pretty silly and cantilever the muffler. UghClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
campbellcj
first.gif I've been super happy with your bracket - got the right sizes of straps like those at McMaster Carr that fit the couple different mufflers I have.
VaccaRabite
Is there an advantage to these straps over the T-bolt clamps you had been using? Cheaper? Stronger?

Also, in the first picture is the nut welded to the strap and captive? Trying to figure out the lack of a washer on it.

Having used Ben's muffler hanger - its much better then the stock hanger.

Thanks!
Zach
mb911
Sorry the washers are not oriented correctly they should be on each side. The nut is not captive. The reason for the switch is these are stronger then the ones I was using and a bit more hidden. I felt they were just a better way to finish out the install.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.