Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: B16 on Bat, 908 inspired so not completely OT?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mbseto
No reserve and ends today on BaT. Fiberglass and frame and some chassis parts for Chevron B16. I understand the B16 was inspired by the 908 and it is not hard to see.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-chevron-b16/

Seems like a big T4 would be a very appropriate mill for this guy. Wish I had the time to take on something like this.

Click to view attachment
Mueller
Sold for $6K...crazy.

I only see value in the wheels and uprights, that ugly body needs to be crushed and thrown away.
mepstein
Don’t hate the ugly. If I could find a running Lazer for cheap, I would be at the first C&C having fun.
Dave_Darling
At least the B16 was a real race car, unlike the Lazer.

According to Wikipedia, only the open-topped "Spyder" body for the B16 was inspired by the 908. Brian Redman looked at the coupe, and told the builders that it would not be competitive with the lighter open-topped cars available from competitors, so they redesigned the body with inspiration from the 908.

--DD
bretth
The square tube frame looks sort of undersized. Looks like the frame would flex alot.
BananaTroll
Shame that he's selling it. He has had a build thread on the gt40 forum on there for like 10 years. Here is the thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.