Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cylinder orientation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
Hello,
I have an AA 2056 cylinder set, there are cut outs on each side of the cylinder skirt, the cut outs are not the same on each side.
Is there is a reason why the cut outs are a different and which way should the cut outs be orientated

Thanks in advance

Click to view attachment
Robarabian
It is irrelevant that those cuts are different. The cylinders have to be next to each other, and the flat sides are the flat sides. Whether one is on one side or the other, it is the same. Both large cuts are toward the center of the engine, not the outsides. You cant install them any other way.
DavidSweden
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Jan 23 2021, 02:18 PM) *

It is irrelevant that those cuts are different. The cylinders have to be next to each other, and the flat sides are the flat sides. Whether one is on one side or the other, it is the same. Both large cuts are toward the center of the engine, not the outsides. You cant install them any other way.

Thanks Robarabian,

I feel pretty stupid after reading your reply, I should have seen that myself.
Robarabian
Don't!! We all have to learn by asking questions. Sometimes, I look at something and should see the answer staring at me... and then someone else comes along and .... you just learn. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask my friend...

QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Jan 23 2021, 02:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Robarabian @ Jan 23 2021, 02:18 PM) *

Thanks Robarabian,

I feel pretty stupid after reading your reply, I should have seen that myself.

914Sixer
There are NO dumb questions. It is all about learning. A lot of us are visual people and we have to see it first before we understand it.
iankarr
The fact that you observed a difference means you’re looking at these things the right way and being deliberate about your assembly. That’s the best way to be.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 24 2021, 10:00 AM) *

There are NO dumb questions.

Oh yeah? Hold my beer...Give me a second....I'll come up with something smile.gif

Seriously, much better to ask. When I (successfully) built my 2056 a couple of years ago I followed Len Hoffman's sage advice after selling me the heads: ask questions, take your time, and shoot for no less than .040" deck height.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.