Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plastic back pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Anyone used this?

Do you just slap the vinyl on the plastic, and end of story, or is there more to it than that?
If it has bulges like the foam, I'm not getting why it says to reuse the foam??

https://914rubber.com/thermal-formed-3-piece-back-pad-core-1

https://914rubber.com/3-piece-back-pad-leatherette-set
Mikey914
These replace the cardboard. You need to harvest your foam pieces. We just completed the metal attachment prongs and will soon be included.

For attaching the flat vinyl next to the pad it is recommended that you staple a strip of cardboard to anchor it just like factory did.

We will begin to off these premade just like factory did but they are offering at $1200+

Mark
partwerks
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 23 2021, 08:54 PM) *

These replace the cardboard. You need to harvest your foam pieces. We just completed the metal attachment prongs and will soon be included.

For attaching the flat vinyl next to the pad it is recommended that you staple a strip of cardboard to anchor it just like factory did.

We will begin to off these premade just like factory did but they are offering at $1200+

Mark

Not seeing them in person, it appears they are shaped like the foam pieces/cardboard?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jan 24 2021, 12:10 AM) *

Mark

Not seeing them in person, it appears they are shaped like the foam pieces/cardboard?

That's all this is, a replacement for the carboard backer. It still has to be upholstered.

Some have said maybe it could be used stand alone, but I haven't seen this and it's not the intended perpose.
Luke M
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 23 2021, 09:54 PM) *

Mark

How about a stand alone carbon fiber version .... idea.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jan 23 2021, 10:10 PM) *

What you are seeing is the plastic board molded to fit the contours of the firewall it attaches to and to form pockets for the seat belt reels to fit behind the board. Not the same as the foam contour. This might help understand the process: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2580773
dakotaewing
As I recall there has been a member here who took these and covered them with perlon, felt or the same material used in the trunks? I'll see if I can find the thread...
Mikey914
Yes they can be covered in person and used as a stand alone. I just need to find some time this next week and I’ll post up. We will be selling them that way soon.

Mark
partwerks
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 24 2021, 02:11 PM) *

Yes they can be covered in person and used as a stand alone. I just need to find some time this next week and I’ll post up. We will be selling them that way soon.

Mark

Do you have a quick video you can post of how it goes together?
partwerks
If it gets covered with vinyl, then why does a person necessarily need to reuse the foam?

Also, isn't there suppose to be a hole for the engine lid pull cable?
Mikey914
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jan 27 2021, 07:11 PM) *

If it gets covered with vinyl, then why does a person necessarily need to reuse the foam?

Also, isn't there suppose to be a hole for the engine lid pull cable?

Yes you need the foam.
An we left the hole uncut as some want it that way.
Mark
Mikey914
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jan 24 2021, 05:27 PM) *

Mark

On the list
windforfun
I was able to buy a brand new backpad from Porsche. It's was over $1K.
Jett
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jan 28 2021, 12:40 PM) *

I bought one as well, but don’t see them for sale anymore... Did you get it from Porsche Classics?
Mikey914
I had seen them listed for as much at $1500.
Coondog
Best backpad mod is to remove it. Gives you more interior room and a light can be mounted under the dash with a 30 second dimmer delay.
Click to view attachment
windforfun
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 28 2021, 06:30 PM) *

Best backpad mod is to remove it. Gives you more interior room and a light can be mounted under the dash with a 30 second dimmer delay.
Click to view attachment

Nope. KISS.
windforfun
QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 28 2021, 05:34 PM) *

I bought one as well, but don’t see them for sale anymore... Did you get it from Porsche Classics?

Nope. Maybe. I'm fairly certain that I bought this from Porsche in Germany.
Jett
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jan 28 2021, 07:00 PM) *

Cool. I bought mine a couple of years ago when they randomly came up on the classics site. It looked like inventory from the 70 that they discovered.
partwerks

Click to view attachment

Does that have the plastic back, or is it that fiber? Have a picture of the back by chance?
Coondog

Nope yourself. $1000.00 dollars and you called me Stupid........ WTF.gif
windforfun
QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 28 2021, 07:20 PM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Jan 28 2021, 07:00 PM) *

Cool. I bought mine a couple of years ago when they randomly came up on the classics site. It looked like inventory from the 70 that they discovered.

Come to think of it, I purchased mine through George at AA. It came all boxed up with the Porsche/VW logos all over the box (just like the previously one shown). We're more than lucky to have him & AA. I dislike the penny pinchers on this website who criticize him!!!

I CAN'T RECOMMEND GEORGE AT AUTO ATLANTA MORE THAN ENOUGH. HE'S BEEN A GEM WHEN IT COMES TO BRILLANT ADVICE & SERVICE!!!
windforfun
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jan 28 2021, 07:21 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Does that have the plastic back, or is it that fiber? Have a picture of the back by chance?

This isn't the best of advice. KISS.
windforfun
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 28 2021, 07:24 PM) *

Nope again. I didn't call you stupid. KISS means "keep it simply stock" as far as I know. I'm very sorry if I offended you. Maybe I'm the one who's stupid.
7T914-6
Is this available for a 1970 fixed passenger seat version?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jan 28 2021, 10:43 PM) *

Nope again. I didn't call you stupid. KISS means "keep it simply stock" as far as I know. I'm very sorry if I offended you. Maybe I'm the one who's stupid.

The more common acronym is "Keep It Simple, Stupid".

Also - stop it both of you. Make nice.
@coondog @windforfun

Zach the A-hole admin.

windforfun
QUOTE(7T914-6 @ Jan 29 2021, 12:14 AM) *

Is this available for a 1970 fixed passenger seat version?

Try George at Auto Atlanta. Also, try Rich at High Performance House.
windforfun
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jan 29 2021, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Jan 28 2021, 10:43 PM) *

The more common acronym is "Keep It Simple, Stupid".

Also - stop it both of you. Make nice.
@coondog @windforfun

Zach the A-hole admin.

Copy that.
partwerks

Mark

Are those attachment prongs, going to be marked on the back pad, so a person knows where to mount them at, or are they going to be put on coming out the gate?
Mikey914
We will actually be attaching them with pop rivets
partwerks
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 31 2021, 05:27 AM) *

Good.

So a person glues the foam on the plastic, and then covers it all with the vinyl?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jan 31 2021, 11:24 PM) *

Good.

So a person glues the foam on the plastic, and then covers it all with the vinyl?

yes, you can. i have a early set of the fiberglass back pads and had each piece covered with thin foam and sport vinyl, works great if you dont have good original pad or want a bit more room for a different type of seat.
StratPlayer
This is one of 914 rubber plastic backpad. I had it redone and it came out fine.
partwerks
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Feb 1 2021, 12:02 PM) *

This is one of 914 rubber plastic backpad. I had it redone and it came out fine.

Are those bumps from the rivets that hold the clips on the back?

Isn't there suppose to be a hole on the DS for the engine lid pull cable?

Did you hire someone to put the vinyl and foam on, or did you do it yourself?
windforfun
All the previous questions are valid. Show a pic of the back. I think you boys have more work to do. What's the price again? $1,200? Also, IMHO, you might want to eliminate your logo - it's ugly!!!
Mikey914
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jan 31 2021, 08:24 PM) *

Good.

Previously you had to harvest your mounting clips. We will be providing the new ones now. Mount the vinyl with a cardboard strip which we will include, and glue. You can staple the edges on the back.
partwerks
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 28 2021, 08:41 AM) *

QUOTE(partwerks @ Jan 24 2021, 05:27 PM) *

Mark

On the list

How soon on a video?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.