Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Ebay classic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Did you guys know that you could get heated seats for you 914. laugh.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2424592220

wish I had this option in my 73 cool_shades.gif
tat2dphreak
what IS that wire?! I know it's not a heater... but I've never seen a seat with it...
Qarl
My driver's seat is bootyshake.gif heated via natural gas injection... (some sort of methane I think).

Karl
JWest
It's for the seat belt buzzer - there is a switch in the seat. Your cars are too old to have it.
seanery
Craig was working on a kit for the 914.

CRAIG! HOW'S THE KIT COMING? (sorry for yelling)
Brad Roberts
Seat heaters are easy.

We need a EBAY "classics" forum. So we can show people exactly why they should be careful.

B
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(James Adams @ Jul 21 2003, 12:49 PM)
It's for the seat belt buzzer - there is a switch in the seat. Your cars are too old to have it.

good thing, since it would be something I'd wire around... laugh.gif just like the seat belt light... smile.gif

white (flared '72) one has something the PO did that I thought was cool... he wired a bilge pump behind the gas tank with a switch... makes a GREAT defroster!

it took me a while to figure out what it was... since it wasn't on any 914 sites... confused24.gif then I traced the wire and found a plain ol' marine pump pulling air from behind the gas take with small hoses leading to the defroster vents...
meursault
I suppose if you put a constant 12v to the wires there, you could have a heated seat.

Without a fuse to the power source, you could have a flaming seat!

Woo-hooo!
Aaron Cox
i thought that the seat switch wouldnt let you start the car unless the seatbelt was latched for that seat huh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
No heated seats in 914's. Just seat belt buzzers.Car still starts, Just makes an annoying noise. I disconnected mine in 74.
Mountain914
Can O' Sterno under the seat, Baby !!
Then when you need to turn up the heat, just add a little gas like Karl mentioned *ka-whooomp!*

*sniff* *sniff* what's that smell ??
redshift
Heated seats and all... J. 'Bee Keeper' Bowlsby's avatar brings back fond memories of a 1.7 I once knew.

smile.gif

M
silver six
Here is another lie found on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...6&category=6430

Owner claims:

1. Only 3000 1972 914-4 were ever made.

Answer: No. Closer to 10 times that number.

2. Her seats are leather.

Answer: No. The seats look like stock vinyl with cloth inserts.

3. The car is a convertable

Answer: No. It's a small issue but the car is really a targa top not a convertable.

4. There are clutch problems but the repairs will only be $300.

Answer: What-fucking-ever.

5. Rust is superficial.

Answer: Except for the parts that are not.

Douglas
Brad Roberts
They wrote it up like a 71 but quote 72... Gotta love it.

I think it might be somebody I know selling that car.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.