Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 engine for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
3.2 engine from an ‘84 Carrera. Finishing a top end rebuild with Canyon headstuds, rebuilt heads, new exhaust studs, valve job and new rings. Reused parts all measure to spec. Comes complete with DME and harness. I will have a video of the running engine in about a week. $15,500. Pickup in southeast PA or I can pallet and have ready for your shipper. Email - Mark@MarkEpstein.net to purchase.
mepstein
Build pics
ndfrigi
wow!
930cabman
This makes somebody's 914 a rocket
mepstein
Pending
sixnotfour
puppy mill ? you were looking for one last week , bought one the week before ...??? now selling ? vendor status ??
mepstein
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 26 2021, 07:25 PM) *

puppy mill ? you were looking for one last week , bought one the week before ...??? now selling ? vendor status ??

I am still looking for one to do a hot rod build.

This one I just sold was not mine. It belongs to the owner of the shop where I used to work. I have sold a couple engines a year for the past couple years. I have always been upfront about what I’m doing. I’m not sure if that makes me a vendor but I do believe supplying good running engines has been helpful to the guys doing conversions. If you have any questions, just let me know. beerchug.gif

Edit - I almost forgot, I did buy this one from Travis a couple months ago. He called me because the first buyer backed out. I sent him what he originally asked for and had the engine picked up. It was a very nice transaction because Travis is a good guy. The engine is currently at the machine shop. We will do a pretty stock rebuild on it and source all the parts to make it a complete engine. While $3.500 is a good price for a euro 3.0, it just takes a couple minutes to add up $10K worth of additional parts.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...6&hl=engine
nditiz1
I can agree the engine I bought from Mark to put into my 911 is still running strong.
mepstein
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jan 26 2021, 09:07 PM) *

I can agree the engine I bought from Mark to put into my 911 is still running strong.

Which is a whole 'nother issue that concerns me. As much as I try to be upfront and honest about what I'm selling, these are used parts. The last thing that I want to happen is for someone to put down a chunk of cash for a running engine, get it in their car and a thousand miles later, something happens. It's totally beyond my control and while I try to make people aware that they are buying used, there is no way for me to guarantee or warranty a used engine. Something I have to figure out in case the Porsche gods decide to be ironic.

twistedstang
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 26 2021, 07:25 PM) *

I prefer to refer to Mark as a huge asset to our community
ThePaintedMan
Agreed - good guy. Good luck with the sale, Mark. Thanks for all the help you've given me.
Cairo94507
Amen brother. Mark is constantly putting parts out there for us to use for our builds. He is as honest as can be and his word is his bond. beerchug.gif
nditiz1
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 26 2021, 07:25 PM) *

Which is a whole 'nother issue that concerns me. As much as I try to be upfront and honest about what I'm selling, these are used parts. The last thing that I want to happen is for someone to put down a chunk of cash for a running engine, get it in their car and a thousand miles later, something happens. It's totally beyond my control and while I try to make people aware that they are buying used, there is no way for me to guarantee or warranty a used engine. Something I have to figure out in case the Porsche gods decide to be ironic.

This is understandable. No one should ever assume warranty comes with the engine. The guys at RSwerks were very helpful when I picked up my engine. They were really just the middleman from the actual owner of the engine. In my opinion which is solely based on experience, but for these engines, if the numbers check out and it runs, then it is probably good to go for another 100,000. When I bought both of my 914s they had "running" engines. The first was a "rebuilt" that locked up the first year I owned it. My second 2.0 had an overheating issue. Both of the POs cannot be at fault as they were not the original owners so how would they know.
mepstein
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jan 27 2021, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 26 2021, 07:25 PM) *

This is understandable. No one should ever assume warranty comes with the engine. The guys at RSwerks were very helpful when I picked up my engine. They were really just the middleman from the actual owner of the engine. In my opinion which is solely based on experience, but for these engines, if the numbers check out and it runs, then it is probably good to go for another 100,000. When I bought both of my 914s they had "running" engines. The first was a "rebuilt" that locked up the first year I owned it. My second 2.0 had an overheating issue. Both of the POs cannot be at fault as they were not the original owners so how would they know.

Nick - It does make me happy to hear your engine is running well and thanks for the input beerchug.gif
speed metal army
GLWS! This is a pretty nice deal for a 3.2
Tdskip
I’ll back stop whomever has first dibs. I trust Mark and would have zero concerns about his representations.

Hope the first in line buys it if not I will, good deal and Mark has earned our trust and support for what he does to support the community.
hot_shoe914
Mark, is this engine still available?

Shoe
beerchug.gif
Tdskip
Don’t think so or I would have bought it already.
mepstein
Hi Donald

No. It sold pretty quickly to a guy with a roller 911 Carrera. It's getting picked up tomorrow. The builder is doing a 3.2 next that's getting a full rebuild, some extras like 964 cams, better rod bolts and head studs, and head studs, steve wong chip and everything prettied up. It will probably be in the mid 20's $.

I will also have a Peter Dawe built 3.6 for mid 20's and hopefully another good running 3.2 showing up in the near future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.