Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May have found a Bumble Bee....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tyfighter123
Hey Everyone, I just bought a car a few months ago, that has all the right items to be a bumble bee, but it is not listed on Jeff's site. I sent off for a Porsche production Spec that should be here any day to tell if it is a real one. What are the chances of finding one?

I will post pictures soon.
iankarr
Until all 500 are accounted for, there’s always a chance more are out there. Biggest thing is...Is the VIN within the LE range? Also what paint code is stamped on the chassis tag?
davep
Please post (PM or email) the VIN, and try to get a good photo of the paint tag. If you have the compliance decal on the door latch post, then a photo of that also. Yes, there are many LE's left to be found. When Jeff and I started the registry I had collected 75 VIN's starting in the late 1970's. I hope the PPS has good info, but I can do better.
TonyA
QUOTE(davep @ Jan 26 2021, 10:05 AM) *

Please post (PM or email) the VIN, and try to get a good photo of the paint tag. If you have the compliance decal on the door latch post, then a photo of that also. Yes, there are many LE's left to be found. When Jeff and I started the registry I had collected 75 VIN's starting in the late 1970's. I hope the PPS has good info, but I can do better.

Is this the Dave that I met two years ago at Mosport racetrack??
davep
I'll bet it was.
brcacti
QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ Jan 25 2021, 05:28 PM) *

Hey Everyone, I just bought a car a few months ago, that has all the right items to be a bumble bee, but it is not listed on Jeff's site. I sent off for a Porsche production Spec that should be here any day to tell if it is a real one. What are the chances of finding one?

I will post pictures soon.

Please post pictures
tyfighter123
Here are a few pictures.
tyfighter123
I am polishing it and so its not super clean at the moment. The front valance was damaged during delivery so it is off and at paint.
JeffBowlsby
Looks promising... smile.gif
tyfighter123
I got the paperwork from Porsche today.....any guesses?
VaccaRabite
Hopefully yes!
Zach
FlacaProductions
popcorn[1].gif
ddire333
smilie_pokal.gif
StarBear
If a real Bumblebee, and do really hope so, sweet find! Another one recovered into the community! piratenanner.gif
Cairo94507
Dude, we are all on pins and needles here.....
PanelBilly
Well what’s the answer
FRUNKenstein
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ Jan 28 2021, 12:27 PM) *

I got the paperwork from Porsche today.....any guesses?

my bet is YES, because i don’t think anyone went to that much trouble to do an LE tribute/copy, so Congratulations ahead of time!!!!!!!!! Woot! Woot!
tyfighter123
It is indeed a Bumblebee! I am very excited.
BillJ
Congrats and it looks like a very nice example!
DRPHIL914
piratenanner.gif first.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.