Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inner door latches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JamesJ
Hello All,
I am restoring my interior and am looking to replace my inner chrome door latches with new ones and wondered if anyone has had success using aftermarket parts. I'm curious what experience others have had with regard to fit, operation, and finish.
I found two companies on eBay. Central California Distributors(aka cencaldistributors on eBay) and Car Custom(aka customania1 on eBay).
Thanks!
Click to view attachment
flat4guy
Weren't they the same as VW? Try a VW parts source
JamesJ
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Jan 25 2021, 07:40 PM) *

Weren't they the same as VW? Try a VW parts source

Thanks. Any suppliers that anyone recommends? There may not be many aftermarket companies that make these, but is anyone familiar with the aftermarket quality?
914Sixer
My guess is they all come from the same place. Have not seen the quality. They assemblies are from VW 411/412
dr914@autoatlanta.com
356 devotion makes a very nice replacement. Those are the ones we sell and have not had a problem

QUOTE(JamesJ @ Jan 25 2021, 07:56 PM) *

Hello All,
I am restoring my interior and am looking to replace my inner chrome door latches with new ones and wondered if anyone has had success using aftermarket parts. I'm curious what experience others have had with regard to fit, operation, and finish.
I found two companies on eBay. Central California Distributors(aka cencaldistributors on eBay) and Car Custom(aka customania1 on eBay).
Thanks!
Click to view attachment

JamesJ
Thanks everyone. George, those 356 Devotion handles are nice. I had not heard of that company.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.