Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2.0 Engine w/ FI SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
adolimpio
I'm replacing the engine in my 914 with the original, number matching engine. The current engine is a 2.0 that runs extremely well and is being offered for sale.

Some background: I found the car in a barn in Salem Or in Nov 2015 where a restoration had been started but nothing had been done in 9 years. Almost every mechanical part had been replaced, or had new replacements waiting in boxes. This 2.0 engine was in the car but none of the FI or electrical systems had been connected, so obviously it had never been started. The engine was immaculate, but I have no idea what it’s history is. I don’t know if it had been rebuilt or whether its components are stock. I packed the car on a trailer, with many boxes of parts and the original engine and drove it back to SC.

I cleaned the gas tank, changed the oil, checked the valves, connected all of the FI parts, installed a new battery and it started right up and has been running perfectly ever since. I almost feel stupid for messing with it! Since that time I put about 5,000 miles on it, but I can’t say for sure since the odometer did not work for the first year or so.

$3,200
Located in Greenwood SC
# GA004291
Everything believed to be stock, but cannot confirm.
Compression: Cyl-1: 138psi, Cyl-2: 134psi, Cyl-3: 148psi, Cyl-4 142psi
Leak-down: Cyl-1: 28%, Cyl-2: 30%, Cyl-3: 25%, Cyl-4 28%
No oil leaks

Includes all FI components, except MPS, injectors. Thermostat included but stuck in expanded (hot) position.

Does not include flywheel, clutch and pressure plate.

Engine will be in the car for another month or two, so it’s available for a test drive.
MFejsa
Hi, Im looking for a GA 20.L engine as mine is blown. Can you send me some pics?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.