Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally made my first website - EvilWerks.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
No more depending on Facebook (and not being able to answer when in FB jail), I finally sat down and made my own website to my liking. Pretty cheap and easy. The web addy used to direct to FB, now goes to the site. Hoping to grow the biz in the next year in preparation for leaving employed medical practice.

www.evilwerks.com
Montreal914
Very nice!
One personal comment rolleyes.gif ; Your top banner with your logo is a bit too thick and blocks a lot of the view of the various pictures/text as you scroll down, unless this is for phone reading application. I guess I am old school with my laptop laugh.gif
I like the chat window and also the Six Feet Under style mobile smile.gif
Thank you for sharing, Good luck! beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
Nice Mike-

I have a good customer nearby in Lebanon, OH

beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jan 26 2021, 12:06 PM) *
Your top banner with your logo is a bit too thick and blocks a lot of the view of the various pictures/text as you scroll down, unless this is for phone reading application. I guess I am old school with my laptop

agree.gif

That's a LOT of lost screen real-estate for no value. Especially on height challenged wide-screen monitors.

Make the logo a bit smaller and move it up and to the left, move your top navigation to the right of that.

That will reduce the height of the header and leave a lot more space for images below.
type.gif
bretth
Nice job. I always hate when companies only online presence is a facebook page. Looks sloppy, cluttered, almost never contains useful easy to access info plus the pop ups and ads. I agree with the top banner comment but is still better than using a Facebook page to advertise. Looks good.
Cairo94507
Hi Mike - Congratulations on the site. Glad to see things are going well and you are still keeping all of us 914 freaks rolling with your excellent transaxle work. I have 2,700 miles on my car now and it shifts fine. beerchug.gif Michael
Aerostatwv
Very nice! Glad to hear you work on old airheads. I have an 84 R100.. something about air cooled!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 26 2021, 03:21 PM) *

Your top banner with your logo is a bit too thick and blocks a lot of the view of the various pictures/text as you scroll down, unless this is for phone reading application. I guess I am old school with my laptop

agree.gif

That's a LOT of lost screen real-estate for no value. Especially on height challenged wide-screen monitors.

Make the logo a bit smaller and move it up and to the left, move your top navigation to the right of that.

That will reduce the height of the header and leave a lot more space for images below.
type.gif

I used a template from wix, I moved and changed what I could. Im not a web designer so this is the JB weld of sites. Its odd that it is rendering different on some computers as that was not how it rendered in final draft, and on my phone, and my lap top.

Largely, I have no idea what you are talking about as I am not seeing it. Screen shot?
Dr Evil
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 26 2021, 03:21 PM) *

agree.gif

type.gif

I think I got what you are saying. It looks different on my computer, but I changed position and size of logo. Its microscopic in edit.
Montreal914
Here you go!
Exactly what is seen on my cheap laptop 16:9 view ratio. Appealing but missing the punch of that beautiful gearbox sad.gif

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Here is what I see. I shrank the main pic, too, to make it fit in the parameters. Extra small logo, and moved it and the site links.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jan 26 2021, 03:38 PM) *

Here you go!
Exactly what is seen on my cheap laptop 16:9 view ratio. Appealing but missing the punch of that beautiful gearbox sad.gif

Click to view attachment

Wow, thanks. Ya, thats aweful. See my post. Should be better now. Thanks again for all the input from everyone.
Montreal914
Maybe it will take some time to update, but unfortunately, I see the same results I posted on the earlier post on Chrome, Explorer, and Firefox... sad.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jan 26 2021, 03:46 PM) *

Maybe it will take some time to update, but unfortunately, I see the same results I posted on the earlier post on Chrome, Explorer, and Firefox... sad.gif

Ya, it takes a moment. Im sure Andy knows the mechanics behind why. I just log into my Wix page and tweak things smile.gif Still learning from those who know more about this stuff.
MM1
Congrats, Mike!

Here's what I see at 100% on my laptop pc (viewers need to make sure they are viewing at 100% . . .control button + scroll wheel):

Click to view attachment

bretth
Banner still looks the same in Chrome and Firefox.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 26 2021, 12:28 PM) *
Screen shot?

Still looks like this for me ...
sad.gif

PC, Windows 10, Latest Firefox browser

Click to view attachment
brant
looks great!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 26 2021, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 26 2021, 12:28 PM) *
Screen shot?

Still looks like this for me ...
sad.gif

PC, Windows 10, Latest Firefox browser

Click to view attachment

Man that is frustrating. My interface shows what I posted but lags in update more than ever. Let hope corrects tomorrow.
flat4guy
Good to see a web site as so many companies have opted for FB only
Dr Evil
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Jan 26 2021, 10:44 PM) *

Good to see a web site as so many companies have opted for FB only

Figured out the problem. My dumbass webmaster (me) didn't hit the "publish" button. Its corrected.

As for my FB only page, its been all I could keep up with as I don't actually advertise and stay pretty busy by word of mouth alone. Case in point, I have 3 transmission in the mail currently on their way here from three different customers. This is my busy season, tho. If anyone wants volume, I do agree that FB only is not the best and I hate it. I mostly used the FB page to post tech stuff, pics of what's up with the shop, etc. I Still will as the website will be largely static.
Krieger
Congratulations! The website looks good!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 26 2021, 08:26 PM) *
Figured out the problem. My dumbass webmaster (me) didn't hit the "publish" button. Its corrected.

Ok, now you can make the logo a bit bigger again, it's tiny. Maybe reduce the padding around it so there isn't as much black space on all sides.
biggrin.gif

Dr Evil
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 27 2021, 01:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 26 2021, 08:26 PM) *

Ok, now you can make the logo a bit bigger again, it's tiny. Maybe reduce the padding around it so there isn't as much black space on all sides.
biggrin.gif

whack_3.gif
I’ll see what I can do. smile.gif
VaccaRabite
Cool website bro. 1998 is really proud of you.

No really, it is a cool site. Its good to see the business growing!

Zach
914werke
Next up: World Banner ad!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.