Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: x-faktory T4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
x-faktory
Some of you may be aware of my 911 engine builds, but...I've decided on building a T4-1911.....I was quickly going down the rabbit hole with bigger/better, but then reminded myself of one of the primary goals......and that is to help configure the RHD T'body design that I am using on the 911 builds... to be used for the 4 cylinder engines...starting with the Type 4. Parts are arriving and here is a sneak peek at the 1st units, mounted to manifolds.......

Click to view attachment

Stay tuned as parts for the build are arriving daily

regards,
al
Aerostatwv
Watching. Thanks!
AfricanHijinx
those look great
x-faktory
These should work great too....i've been using the RHD on 911 projects with much success. This is the 1st T4, but should work equally well.

regards,
al
JamesM
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Curious to hear all the specifics!

For starters, which ITBs are you using? What diameter?
jd74914
agree.gif

Looking forward to seeing details too!

Looks like they are from RHD Engineering in AU ( https://racehead.com.au/product-category/throttle-bodies/ )
rhodyguy
Bodies and tall Vstacks look very similar to the BMW 10 kit too. Except for the intakes. Not so sure you could run them with the rain tray in place. It could be a little spendy all in.
x-faktory
Yes, as stated in the initial post, these are made by RHD. I worked with them a couple of years ago to configure their design for the 911 engine,,,and that turned out very well....now i am working with them to configure for the Type 4, and then the 1,2,3.
These particular units are the very 1st made to work with these manifolds...it required RHD (Rama) to design some custom brackets to ensure that the linkage crossbar would clear, etc....but these are looking good. They are 42mm and will be used on a 1911 build....mild hot rod 914 engine with 1.8 heads, Kerry Hunter headers, Microsquirt etc....my 1st Type 4 build, so bear with me....

If too tall, the bottom spacer can be removed.........
JmuRiz
Very cool, do you already have the parts or can you bump it to a 2056? That combo with tuned EFI would be a blast.

I'm still trying to justify the price for one of your systems on my 2.7 build...
Mark Henry
Looks a lot like the motorcycle TB's I made.
IPB Image
IPB Image
pete000
Always wanted to go this route on my 914-4...
racerbvd
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
rktmn247
Welcome X-factory! Glad to see you posting here. I have followed your posts on pelican and am really looking forward to this build.
Shivers
42mm, big for a 1911, really curious to see how it will run when it's done.
TRS63
That is really interesting, as this is exactly the way I have in mind for mine! Keep us updated!

Antoine
Mark Henry
QUOTE(x-faktory @ Jan 26 2021, 03:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Stay tuned as parts for the build are arriving daily

regards,
al

Those TB's are awfully tall and you still have to add some kind of air filter. You will lose the raintray so you might want rainhats, you dont want this sticking out the lid. Not trying to be a Debbie downer, just saying you need to trial fit the TB assembly in your 914.
I can tell you right now that it will not fit a VW beetle T4 conversion, my ITB set up barely fit in my bug.
barefoot
QUOTE(Shivers @ Jan 27 2021, 10:05 PM) *

For carb's yes, for FI should not matter at all as fuel delivery is independent of throat size.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(barefoot @ Jan 28 2021, 09:00 AM) *

For carb's yes, for FI should not matter at all as fuel delivery is independent of throat size.

Yes...but...too big and you make vacuum issues worse, add a big duration cam and you're running in alphaN/TPS only.
JamesM
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 28 2021, 09:26 AM) *

QUOTE(barefoot @ Jan 28 2021, 09:00 AM) *

Yes...but...too big and you make vacuum issues worse, add a big duration cam and you're running in alphaN/TPS only.

agree.gif

Might as well cam the hell out of it as you are most likely going to have very little resolution with the vacuum signal and have to run alphaN anyways Ran 42mm Jenveys on a 2270 with a cam optimized for lower RPM/very good vacuum and was still seeing 0 vacuum at roughly 30% throttle off idle . They were a pretty good match for that motor, running in MS hybrid mode split the map almost 50/50. Running on a 1911 I wouldn't be surprised if you wind up seeing no vacuum across 70%+ of operating conditions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.