Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel injection wiring harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
71six
My 73 914 2.0 needs a complete replacement fuel injection wiring harness I am told. I am aware of the ones from 914 Rubber and Jeff Bowlsby. They both look good to me so should I just flip a coin to determine the winner or are there pro's and con's I should be aware of? All opinions and advice appreciated from those in the know.

Thanks,
Mark
914Sixer
I have 3 of Jeff's harnesses. Alt, relay board and fuel injection.
Mark Henry
Jeff has been doing this for a long time, I entered the 914 scene 20 years ago and he was well established then.
Plus I've had dinner with Jeff (several years ago) and he's a super nice person, so I'm a bit biased on who I'd use. biggrin.gif
rjames
I bought both an injection and ignition harness from Jeff. They are works of art and he was great to work with. 
Mcraneiowa
The only comment I’d make as both mentioned are excellent providers, are all connections furnished on the new harness or do you have to use your old connections. If one has everything included, where the other asks you to use your old connectors to complete the harness, I know the route I’d go. Just my $.02 worth.
JeffBowlsby
The harnesses I build are complete plug 'n play and everything is included. Every part is new and the highest quality available, but I do reuse some of the serviceable hard plastic parts where they are NLA or not otherwise available. New heat treated wires, new OEM wire terminals, new high temp resistant boots in the factory update design (much more durable than the original design boot), and new casing. Grey outer casing to match the original OEM. For a D-Jet FI harness, you will need to mount your existing ECU handle piece...the part is NLA and yours should be perfectly good. If your handle is missing or broken, I am happy to include a replacement free if you just ask.
Amphicar770
I also installed Jeff's harness. Top quality product.
71six
Thank you everyone for your helpful responses to my inquiry. I have placed an order with Jeff Bowlsby for a complete harness for my 1973 2.0. Grateful to the 914 World community for their guidance on this and numerous other questions throughout the years. smile.gif

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.