Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pickup Bolt/Stud?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boothy
Ok, I'll approach the bench.

Haven't done a T4 since the 70s. Everything looks good but I'm a little baffled by the bolt for the oil pickup. Was that a stud or is it a bolt? I've read not to go beyond 9lbs which is fine. I'm just going through the pile of hardware wondering what it was. Was it a bolt or did I back out a locked up stud by mistake?

This was a '72 1.7.
Mark Henry
It's a closed nut, the stud is welded into the pickup and an eye goes through a bolt, so no way can you back out a stud.
Boothy
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 27 2021, 10:11 AM) *

It's a closed nut, the stud is welded into the pickup and an eye goes through a bolt, so no way can you back out a stud.

Thanks Mark! So once the case goes together, the bolt goes in from the outside through the the eye bolt on the pickup?

I was so excited because the case finally went back together, everything turned nicely, flipped it over "BUGGER!"
Mark Henry
Post a pic.
The stud sticks out of the oil pick up tube, the pickup tube (and baffle) is installed before you put the case together.
Boothy
Thanks!

I found it. The oil pickup and windage tray are in place together. It was the bolt from the outside that threw me -couldn't find it. Went down at lunch and there it was. Ughhh.

Thanks for your help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.