Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portland 914-6 on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PaulFV8
I'm guessing this link is already posted somewhere else but my question for the group, who would you recommend to finish the metal work? floors etc.

thanks
Paul

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Porsche-914/2...jUAAOSwZq1gBQuF
Cairo94507
I have not seen that one before. Seems like that is a pretty good amount of work already completed and lots of nice parts acquired. Good project for someone. Adriatic Blue is a terrific color on a 914. I hope one of our members buys that. beerchug.gif
flat4guy
If that was the real vin # I would buy it just for that.
raynekat
If you get all that for $34k.....it's the deal of the century to me.
Still along way to go, but a good part of the journey has already been completed for you.
Tdskip
It has been on Pelican for some time - hard to get info and never got a straight answer on where things actually stood with it.

Needs a local buyer who can go stare at it.
PaulFV8
The seller says it is available for inspection by appointment. Anyone in the Portland area interested in taking a look? What's the going rate for a PPI?

The VIN is in our database, it was offered on BAT before the restoration started (in Dallas). From the pictures (assuming it is the same car) it was at Restoration Design at some point. If it was there why not have them finish the floors? The seller appears to be in Dallas but the pickup location is in Portland. He keeps avoiding my question asking if it is on a body dolly or cart, he did say he is willing to pack it for shipping

Let me know if your're interested in taking a look. The price and new parts is temping

thanks
Cairo94507
Could be a "cash flow" problem- given our current events. confused24.gif
cary
QUOTE(PaulFV8 @ Jan 31 2021, 09:12 AM) *

The seller says it is available for inspection by appointment. Anyone in the Portland area interested in taking a look? What's the going rate for a PPI?

The VIN is in our database, it was offered on BAT before the restoration started (in Dallas). From the pictures (assuming it is the same car) it was at Restoration Design at some point. If it was there why not have them finish the floors? The seller appears to be in Dallas but the pickup location is in Portland. He keeps avoiding my question asking if it is on a body dolly or cart, he did say he is willing to pack it for shipping

Let me know if your're interested in taking a look. The price and new parts is temping

thanks

Ben & I might be up for a visit.
sixnotfour
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...49520&st=20

Its not this 94-6 ???
cary
Nope
horizontally-opposed
Even if you're "stuck" completing the body restoration wherever it is (let's hope it's still on a dolly or bench if it needs floors and longs), seems like a good buy if it comes with what it's advertised with?

Adriatic is a great color, too…
PaulFV8
Cary, Ben, If your're interested let me know and I will try to put you in contact with the seller. For reference, the vin in the pictures is 9140432124. The dropbox link has 150 pictures.

It couldn't be further away from me unless it was in Canada but all the parts and work make it tempting

thanks
PaulFV8
Any recognize this shop? Restoration Designs? Maybe
dhuckabay
Last time this showed up I think it was up the river a ways from Portland. Looks like it has been moved, the pictures don't look like the shop it was in last time.
Luke M
QUOTE(PaulFV8 @ Feb 2 2021, 12:58 PM) *

I believe it was in the NW. Here's a link and pretty sure it's the same car.

https://www.facebook.com/brosseauscoachwork...e=3&theater
Root_Werks
That's a good deal for a numbers matching six.
PaulFV8
This deal has gone cold. The item ended and the seller never replied to my request for the address to inspect it. I'm guessing his wife said "sell it" and when nobody offered at his price he used that excuse to keep it :LOL

Tdskip
I had a similar experience over in pelican – give up as a waste of time
Unobtanium-inc
If a seller won't communicate, there is your answer. If the buyer they are seeking is the one who takes everything on faith and doesn't ask questions, there is your answer. When I sell a Porsche I get the most insane questions and requests, I answer them all and do all the weird requests, like the guy who wanted a picture of his name with the car, I added the hua-hua for good measure.
But a decent seller will work with you, answer questions, allow the car to be seen, etc. Someone who isn't willing to do anything but the bare minimum is suspect.
cary
Keep us in the loop.
cary
QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 2 2021, 01:49 PM) *

QUOTE(PaulFV8 @ Feb 2 2021, 12:58 PM) *

I believe it was in the NW. Here's a link and pretty sure it's the same car.

https://www.facebook.com/brosseauscoachwork...e=3&theater

My thoughts too ............
cary
Ben is moving. His new house is about a mile or two away.
drem914
car is gone from ebay
larryM
apparently now in the ownership of fellow enthusiast in Grand Junction, CO - tyfighter123 on this site

presumably he'll come up on this thread with details ?

(just sold him my 914/6 toolkit)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.