Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New video friday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hey Guys...I just posted a new video on installing the pop-up headlights. Testing the motors, prepping the buckets, fitting in the car, aligning the gaps and installing a new LED bulb. Please check it out...and hope you find it helpful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx5tKgLG-_k
wysri9
Perfect timing - struggled with this yesterday! Will watch tonight smile.gif beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Another great video taking the voodoo out of the headlight installation and adjustment. beerchug.gif
Sprout
Another Friday, another great video! You have a great way of explaining processes and showing what you're doing. Thanks again! aktion035.gif
Ace Le Count
Thanks, Mr. Karr! I really enjoy your videos.
DRPHIL914
@iankarr

great video, and may have helped explain why my eyelid-to-lash gap have never seemed correct since putting it back together after mine was painted! and that is that you said the front edge of the eyelash part should go over and in front of the metal lip on car , correct? i will have to check it when it when i get home, but i don’t think it is sitting correctly on the right side of that lip, making my gap very tight between the eyelash part and the lid.

Thanks for posting these
horizontally-opposed
Hey, thanks for this. beerchug.gif

Great timing, and maybe it's time to pull the headlight re-bush kit off the shelf when those LED headlights arrive.
913B
First off Great video Ian!
Second, if anyone has a good procedure to line up the gaps please detail your steps it would be greatly appreciated.

I had mines apart and I gave up, the gaps between the fender and the hood are very wonky. Trying to triangulate between the two outer headlight mounts. I also had the headlight motor loosened for something else and was trying to line all the adjustment points was too much for me. It was a PITA.

Thanks.
Montreal914
Thank you for sharing smile.gif
Will definitely ease that process when putting back together. smilie_pokal.gif
Mcraneiowa
Ian, great video. Will be good to know when I tackle this
iankarr
QUOTE(913B @ Jan 30 2021, 08:01 PM) *

First off Great video Ian!
Second, if anyone has a good procedure to line up the gaps please detail your steps it would be greatly appreciated.

I had mines apart and I gave up, the gaps between the fender and the hood are very wonky. Trying to triangulate between the two outer headlight mounts. I also had the headlight motor loosened for something else and was trying to line all the adjustment points was too much for me. It was a PITA.

Thanks.

I’m no expert, but you might want to try removing the pushrod first. It might be hindering your adjustment. Then loosen and align the pivots. Sometimes up is down and down is up, etc. Experiment till you have a good gap against the fender. Carefully drop the hood and make small adjustments to get that side set and snug up the pivot brackets. Then adjust the actuating bracket if necessary (it might need to be a few degrees higher or lower) and reconnect the pushrod.

Keep in mind that the hood itself can be misaligned...and if the car has had any front end damage the tolerances could be off...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.