Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 123 Distributor, W/dual 40 Webbers Timing? suggestions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914lasvegas
Getting ready to install My new 123 tune distributor with Bluetooth . Not sure where to set the timing for my particular application . Hoping for some suggestions.

Motor is A freshly rebuilt
1.8 from 1974 914
Dual Weber. 40's IDF carburetors. no vac
Motor is installed on a 1965 beetle (baja) BIG tires.

I don't know if the cam was changed .
I do know the motor has new heads on it . But I don't know anything about them.

Besides the 123 tune I also bought a new set of wires and a Bosch blue.

What should I set the rev limiter at?

Any other suggestions regarding my install ?

Any advice would be appreciated .

I am a green newbee.

Thank you .Stewart
123ignitionusa
Stewart
Always stay on the conservative side to avoid to much advance and pinging which can damage your engine.
The curve I sent you depends on you having a static time. From research on this forum that looks to be around 6 degrees
When you add that into the figures for the curve it equals actual timing at the crank.
Also I would set the rev limit to 6500 maybe 7000 if you can control your foot. See the underlined link below.

009 distributor curve w/no vacuum this is found in the PC programmable TUNE program.

The alternative to this is to set number 1 cylinder to TDC (no static advance) program in exactly what you would like. Start by taking the degrees of advance in the link and add 6 deg to each value.

11 instead of 5 @ 500 rpm
11 instead of 5 @ 1600 rpm
27 instead of 21 @ 2600 rpm - this is all in advance
27 instead of 21 @ 8000 rpm

Hope this helps
Ed
Found this on another thread - see attachment
914lasvegas
Thank you, driving.gif
Mark Henry
Whatever gives you 800-900 RPM AT 8 degrees (7.5) BTDC and full advance 3000 rpm 28 degrees BTDC. So really it only gives you 20 degrees of mechanical advance.
I wouldn't exceed 28 degrees of total advance, but I'd play with any curve that stays within these parameters.
914lasvegas
thank you,

ps
Go Brady cheer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.