Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QuickJack 3" Higher model coming out soon?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
desullivan
Just noticed on the Quickjack site that they are coming out with 3 inch higher model. Says in few months. I was about to pull the trigger on the 5000slx as soon as they go on sale next and then this temptation comes out.

Any recommendations from Quickjack owners if the extra height is worth the wait? (and no doubt increased cost).

Any inputs certainly appreciated.

https://www.quickjack.com/tl/
914forme
Never had a need for more clearance.

Lower height, yes please. Longer, yes please. I fixed that myself by making my own extension platform. Which I should have patented, and BendPak copied it. Or we had a moment of spontaneous industrial design. I just happened to get my prototype out first.

What I would like and most likely will modify. First is a longer control cord, so you can be closer to the lift as your setting the jack points.

And a slightly longer set of hoses from the hydraulic cylinder to the first quick connect.

iankarr
agree.gif

More height isn't really that useful. As it is now, with the 914 on tall blocks, the QJ on the high safety stop, and me on my back, the car is at a perfect work height. I doubt they'd add another safety stop, so the new model will put everything 3 inches further away. Not a huge deal, but not worth waiting IMHO.

The other stuff Stephen suggested...yes.
PanelBilly
I use a 2x6 on each side so I’m catching the donuts. Happy with height. The car needed to be higher when I was installing the /6 but that’s not an everyday activity.
914forme
For my 914s I do not use the QuickJack I use the best designed jack of this style I have ever seen.

EZCarJack

I have the QuickJack for my bigger stuff.

The EZ will not pickup my Truck, and my 914-6 has been on it now for 3 years. dry.gif Still it is the best lift I have ever bought for what I use it for.

Wish he made a larger unit that could support my overweight daily drivers.
PlaysWithCars
Agree with the earlier posts. The current QJ met all of my needs. Think I'd be watching for a sale and pick one up.

12v or 120v? I chose 12v for portability and because the lift time is noticeably faster than the 120v model.
Andyrew
QUOTE(914forme @ Jan 31 2021, 06:10 PM) *

For my 914s I do not use the QuickJack I use the best designed jack of this style I have ever seen.

EZCarJack

I have the QuickJack for my bigger stuff.

The EZ will not pickup my Truck, and my 914-6 has been on it now for 3 years. dry.gif Still it is the best lift I have ever bought for what I use it for.

Wish he made a larger unit that could support my overweight daily drivers.

Stephen,

Whats the price on this unit? I dont see that on the web site...

EDIT: Never mind, Didnt check the home page...
mgarrison
I have not used my QuickJack for the 914, yet. We do use it often for my son's Miata which is running Eibach coilovers and is lower than stock.

For my wife's lifted Wrangler JL and my Ford Raptor I had to get this QJ SUV kit to lift them high enough to rotate tires:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/QUICKJACK-SUV-a...r-Kit/309646729

Mueller
I like the idea of a higher lifting Quickjack.

Been working under the 914 for the last few days and it would be nicer to have more clearance so I don't have to crawl on my belly as much.
73-914
too bad the QuickJack can't lift my Pickup, just not strong enough
mgarrison
You must have one big truck! The QJ 7000 works ok lifting my Raptor, but I do need the SUV kit to get the rear tires off the ground:
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.