Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AWESOME vintage 914 footage!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaredmcginness
Nice! For anyone who didn't click, this is classic 70's footage. I am assuming its dealership/factory video.
914Sixer
It's funny that the factory footage shows the cars in real world with snow, ice and rain. New 911's at the time were taken out on the road and driven like they had been stolen. Factory drivers had first shot at breaking them before they went to the customer.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 3 2021, 08:49 AM) *

It's funny that the factory footage shows the cars in real world with snow, ice and rain. New 911's at the time were taken out on the road and driven like they had been stolen. Factory drivers had first shot at breaking them before they went to the customer.

Wait . . . . you mean they can get wet? av-943.gif

I really like the crash test footage. Pretty amazing performance for 70's vintage vehicle. Having lost my 1st teener to a negligent driver & a rear end crash, I can state that it performs just as well in real world.
914werke
aktion035.gif
VaccaRabite
Revving the heck out them too. One of the clips the tach went deep into the 6 territory.

Its a total shame there is no sound track.

I think some of the footage from LeMans was from the Steve McQueen LeMans movie.

Zach
914werke
Id never seen crash test footage before.
johnhora
cool video...I had not seen all of the clips before.
Interesting on the test driver footage of the orange 914 in the slalom course and around the test track. The lean of a 914 on stock suspension and 70' state of the art 155/165 radial tires. Did you notice on the crash test listing the VOPO 914.
Fun to watch...thanks for the post
maj75
That car has rusted to nothing by now. I can hear the rust eating the metal in those shots of driving on the wet snowy roads.
PlaysWithCars
Ok, I only made it through the first 40 secs and went blink.gif

Any idea what they were cooling with the air intake ducts on the rear fenders this car?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Rleog
Excellent video.
r_towle
Great video.
Simpler times, smaller more efficient cars....

mrholland2
Did anyone else hear the driving music from the original "The Love Bug" movie whilst watching this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.