Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal Work in North Texas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OU8AVW
Hey gang,
A client of mine has a nice '74 914 in need of rust repair. He'll need rear pans, jack points and the usual hell hole love. It's a pretty nice car on the outside so it's worth the love. Anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area with the skills/talent?
914Sixer
Check with Clay Perrine.
Grelber
He'll send you to Richard Fisher, in Anna.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Grelber @ Feb 4 2021, 07:03 AM) *

He'll send you to Richard Fisher, in Anna.

Richard Fisher is in Van Alsytne, on the service road for Hwy 75. His shop is called
Autobody by Fisher. He is the man when it comes to 914s in this area.

But you will have to get in line. He currently has Betty's car.

Autobody by Fisher
255 S Henry Hynds Expy, Van Alstyne, TX 75495
(903) 482-5171

https://www.autobodybyfisher.net/

The first picture on the website is a 914 in the paint booth.

Clay
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 4 2021, 08:14 AM) *

Richard Fisher is in Van Alsytne, on the service road for Hwy 75. His shop is called
Autobody by Fisher
(903) 482-5171

Oh cool, I've driven by there a ton and never realized there was 914 in that area. When I'm going up to Lake Texoma we will take 75 if we need to stop at the store in Sherman on the way.

Zach
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Feb 4 2021, 08:07 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 4 2021, 08:14 AM) *

Autobody by Fisher
(903) 482-5171

Oh cool, I've driven by there a ton and never realized there was 914 in that area. When I'm going up to Lake Texoma we will take 75 if we need to stop at the store in Sherman on the way.

Zach

Let me know when you are headed through here the next time. I would love to meet up for lunch, covid willing....

Clay
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 4 2021, 10:03 AM) *

Zach

Let me know when you are headed through here the next time. I would love to meet up for lunch, covid willing....

Clay

First shot on the 18th. Second one in March. Hoping to be able to get there sometime this summer to see my Dad and catch some catfish and striper. Haven't been able to get there (or anywhere else for that matter) since this time last year. February fishing is great, especially when its cold in PA! "Cold" on the lake is still usually above freezing.

Zach
Grelber
Let me know as well. I'm just a few minutes drive from Richard's shop.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Feb 4 2021, 10:09 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 4 2021, 10:03 AM) *

Zach

Clay

First shot on the 18th. Second one in March. Hoping to be able to get there sometime this summer to see my Dad and catch some catfish and striper. Haven't been able to get there (or anywhere else for that matter) since this time last year. February fishing is great, especially when its cold in PA! "Cold" on the lake is still usually above freezing.

Zach

Texoma is also stocked with hybrid Florida bass. They be some lunker's there. Set some jug lines with crawdads, then go catch some large mouth!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Feb 4 2021, 03:53 PM) *

Texoma is also stocked with hybrid Florida bass. They be some lunker's there. Set some jug lines with crawdads, then go catch some large mouth!

Sand bass, striper, channel cats, crappie and white perch. Some of my earliest memories are of sitting on the cleaning dock fishing for cat fish while dad cleaned the morning mess of striped bass. Eventually the lake house will be mine, and I think more and more of slimming down my possessions and just living there full time when I retire in 18 years.

Only thing I'd really miss from the Mid Atlantic would be the hunting and the curvy roads just made for small underpowered sports cars. And I'm sure I'd find plenty of hunting in Texas if I cared to look.

Zach
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Feb 4 2021, 04:31 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Feb 4 2021, 03:53 PM) *

Sand bass, striper, channel cats, crappie and white perch. Some of my earliest memories are of sitting on the cleaning dock fishing for cat fish while dad cleaned the morning mess of striped bass. Eventually the lake house will be mine, and I think more and more of slimming down my possessions and just living there full time when I retire in 18 years.

Only thing I'd really miss from the Mid Atlantic would be the hunting and the curvy roads just made for small underpowered sports cars. And I'm sure I'd find plenty of hunting in Texas if I cared to look.

Zach

There is plenty of hunting, but no real curvy roads near where I live. You have to go to eastern Oklahoma/western Arkansas, or down to the Austin/Fredricksburg area to find them.

About 3 hours either way.

Clay
OU8AVW
Thanks for the referral. My guys spoke to someone at Auto Atlanta about doing a hell hole repair. The AA guy said "$2500, we do them all the time".
I told him that was beyond ridiculous.
Hood county TX has some twisty roads and the trip up HWY 4 to Possum Kingdom Lake is amazing!
Let me know if you ever want to shoot some hogs. I have a few that need killin'.
jesse7flying
Unfortunately, hunting in TX is hit and miss unless you have a lease $$$. Very little public land. Too bad really.
Jesse
bretth
If you want to hunt hogs there is always helibacon out east. Hunting from a helicopter smile.gif
Beebo Kanelle
How's about in Houston?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.