Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lime Rock This Weekend (Saturday 7-23)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
This should be real exciting. We have a full field of 38 cars entered in the Production race. 12 FP cars and 10 EP cars, including 5 914s, will be going at it before lunch on Saturday.
Club members racing are:
Thorshammer
Racer Chris
Edgetoo
other 914 drivers entered:
Tom Burdge
Keith Peare

COME TO THE TRACK AND CHEER US ON!
Jake Raby
Yep, outta be interesting! boldblue.gif
william harris
So, how the hell did you guys do? idea.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (william harris @ Jul 18 2005, 09:04 AM)

William,
7-23 is this coming Saturday.
Be there or be square. biggrin.gif
seanery
yeah, but we really wanna know how you did! laugh.gif

Good Luck this weekend!
ChrisFoley
icon_bump.gif
Looks like excellent weather for driving.gif Saturday.
This pic is of the pregrid at the 2002 regional runoffs
when I had the pole. smile.gif
guywan914
Chris' I start my vacation on Sat. and am heading in the other direction. Have passed on the word to all at the shop to swing by and cheer you on. I really do hope to get to see you run at least once this year. Good Luck can't wait to see the in-car's
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (guywan914 @ Jul 20 2005, 09:12 PM)
I really do hope to get to see you run at least once this year.

That means you're coming to the Runoffs! clap.gif
(this is my last planned event at LRP this year)
Jake Raby
I'll be at the Run Offs!
Probably in stealth mode though........ I'm already letting the hair grow a bit in preparation for the event!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (william harris @ Jul 18 2005, 09:04 AM)

Results of 914 drivers in the race today:
Name, Overall finish, Pos. in class, Qualified, Best lap

Chris Foley... 5th........... 1st.............. 10th.... 1:01.7

Tom Burdge. 11th......... 3rd.............. 26th.... 1:02.7

Ed Givler...... 24th......... 6th.............. 37th.... 1:08.1

Erik Madsen..DNF.......... 7th.............. 17th.... 1:00.8

Keith Peare...DNS,............................. 24th, (Qual-1:05)
TimT
Is Keith Peare running the same car that he used to run in PCA races? That blue car was a friggin rocket!!

what class does SCCA put Keiths car in?

I am quite impressed with your lap times...On occasion I drive an 800hp car at Lime Rock, and turn 59~1:00 laps

probably because I suck as driver though laugh.gif

you guys rock!!

WTG!!

beerchug.gif
seanery
woohoo!! Great Job Chris!! smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Ricard
Good job Chris. Looks like the silver bullet did you good.
Thorshammer
The Race report from my seat, HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT Cause I'm ripping mad.

First of all,

CHRIS FOLEY ROCKED THIS WEEKEND !!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
1st place
Tom Burdge stepped up his game a bit and ran solid lap times.
3rd Place
Keith Peare had some sort of mechanical, After talking with him, he said he had JUST finished the car, so I am sure he was working the bugs out.

Ed Givler kept at it and scored a sixth place, this should give him enough points to qualify for the Runoffs, he plans to drive at Pocono.

As for me:

If you are offended by swearing read the next two lines and read no more. Qualified 17th due to 40 plus cars being on the track at the same time???? Started 17th, moved up to 10th on the first lap, passed for the lead on lap 9, got crashed into from behind on lap 10, retired from the race on lap 11. Clean version, Thank you. Do not rear any further, this is rated NC17. I am just warning you.

Dirty version with plenty of swearing cause I'm still pissed:

Qualified 17th due to every fucking asshole that owns a prod car being there?? Only took 3 laps thinking I would'nt get any better anyway, maybe I was wrong.

Saw the worst incident I have seen while racing cars (all this from a guy that saw a motorcycle racer die on Monday) Down no name straight a FP Miata got the point by on the left hand side, he choose to go to the right, and put two wheels off on the grass and proceed to put the car into the tire covered berm. Up onto it's nose, 1 perouette (sp) and came crashing down about 50 feet from the front of my car, as I passed him it was clear he was moving inside the car, and no sign of fire so as crashes go, he walked away.... car totaled.

The race, did'nt get too much done on the way into turn one, but onto no name straight, it was interesting, four cars passed, more on the front straight, two on the downhill etc... Lap 8 is where it gets interesting, I start to see the EP leader I was in second and third overall (GTL Nissan of Wilson Wright leading) It took one more lap to get the Caterham in my sight, and I drove around on the front straight after getting a good drive coming out of the down hill, one lap more and I had a 3 sec lead and catching the GTL car for the overall lead. The slower cars were becoming more frequent and this slowed the pace. However, (hold your ears I'm gonna scream) I came up on a blue FP Turner going down the front straight which I passed with about 20 mph difference at about start/finish, this left me with an open line into turn one and used my normal "3" brake marker, down shifted and turned in, open the throttle up slightly to settle the chassis, then BAM, the stupid fuck in the Turner ran it in so deep that he punches my car right in the right rear wheel, WHAT A FUCKING STUPID FUCK. Not only is he in FP, but he was being lapped, and he was 5-8 seconds per lap slower than I was. Result, bent trailing arm and 7th place. HIT WHILE LEADING THE FUCKING RACE, I WAS BULLSHIT. After coming in and parking my car Lap 12, they actually had some stewards hanging aroung me while was standing on pit lane, thinking I was gonna rip this assholes fucking head off.

After I calmed down, I had to find him, not he finding me, to explain why. What A ball-less prick. His answer, yeah I owe you an apology I did'nt know you were going to slow so quickly. ?? WTF over, Like I slowed too much into turn one. Dude your turning 105-108's, and you think you are going to out brake me??? I should've grabbed a jack handle and beat his fucking car to death right then and there. I have never really wanted to jack someones car like I wanted to jack his.

What I should have done is hand him a bill for the race fee, damage and fuel to get there. and then tacked on 50 more for being a dumbass-Fuckstick.
As you can tell 11 hours later I am still hot.

Only Solice, Fastest lap of the race 1:00.8, also a personal best for me, on three race old tires, Goodyear rocks for me. I would have gone a 59 if I had put new slicks on. This is where I need to be, and please don't think I am arrogant, but I know this lap time is attainable. If I could do it everylap , we'll see.

This is my last race before the RUNOFFS, now it's time to upgrade the car, and rebuild some components.

BTW, I need a right hand trailing arm pronto. Anybody help??

914 club guys are looking good for the RUNOFFS. Hope the members can make it.

Erik Madsen
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (TimT @ Jul 23 2005, 08:45 PM)
what class does SCCA put Keiths car in?

Keith rebuilt the car to FProd specs with a 1.8 liter Type4.
He wasn't happy with some things about the engine and pulled out before the race. He's not going to the Runoffs this year.

Looks like the silver bullet did you good.

New tires, new gearbox - I did laps a tick faster last fall. Luck was with me this weekend. The blue Miata crashed Friday and the Black Wabbit broke in the race while leading me. I had the rest of the field covered though.

With Jake's engine and everything else working right I expect to do one minute laps. That will have to wait til next year though. I don't think I'll be back to Lime Rock this season.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Thorshammer @ Jul 23 2005, 10:11 PM)

I think I can supply one Erik.
We should use the bushings, etc. from the damaged one if possible.

Unfortunately your gut feeling regarding doing just one lap today and pulling into the pits was right. ohmy.gif
TimT

actually I may have one

terms are simple...cover the shipping... and add what it worth to you

I honestly have no idea what some of the parts I have are worth...If I go into my basment and find dust on my parts... you can buy them for less laugh.gif
Thorshammer
My only concern is whether the chassis is bent at the pick up point,or if it is okay, I guess I will just have to get a new arm on and take it to the alignment shop, WTF.

Tim,

I will stop in towards the end of next week and grab a right and a left if you have them.

Chris, I'll take the right one from you now, so I can at least get the car checked soon with an un bent arm on it. I will drop off the bushings Monday Pm on my way back from Keene NH. Dude, great drive today. I hope the temps were better with the new shroud.

Erik
red911
Hello,

I crew for Ed Givler and have a few digital pictures from the LAST Lime Rock race in late June. I was there this weekend and ALL the 914's looked great and fast.

Tom

william harris
Club Members: here is the heart and soul of the 914 club. We have 914 racers carrying the flag, kicking ass and taking no prisoners!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Chris: you rule at Lime Rock - must be the home cooking advantage lol2.gif (that's a Southern slang term) Erik: sorry to hear about the crash and it especially hurts when it is caused by some squid that doesn't belong on the track (you know what I mean). Get that car healthy and get back in the hunt! aktion035.gif People: WE GOT 914 RACERS GOING TO THE NATIONALS!!! WHO IS GONNA STEP UP AND SPONSOR/HELP THESE GUYS??? Contact me about putting a package together for these guys for the Nationals at Mid-Ohio. driving.gif
Jake Raby
Congrats Chris! smilie_pokal.gif

I am pretty pleased with Tom Burdge's performance as well, seems like he is finally getting things together. i am building his F Prod Runoffs engine next week boldblue.gif

BTW- The Silver Bullet always works rolleyes.gif

Thorshammer
Jake,

His bullet sounded really good when it was shot from the gun. Nice work!

A good outing for all 914 club guys this weekend.

I wrote up a small press release for the announcer prior to the race, and he utilized it to the fullest.

According to my wife he mentioned the 914world.com twice indicating that Chris, Ed and I were members.

Also got a mention for my newest sponsor, Lighthouse Animal and pest Control of Middleboro MA, Pete Cheney. Pledged some money for the Runoffs.

After this race I am solidly tied for third in the divisional points. Mathematically, everyone would have to win the last two races, so I am qualified for the Runoffs, as is Chris. Ed will need to get a couple more points at Pocono, and So will Tom Burge I think. This is your 914 CLUB in action hope you enjoy.

I thought I had video of this weekends race, but after reviewing the tape, found I have nothing on tape. Very disappointing, hoped to format a MPEG with the new software I got.

Erik Madsen
ChrisFoley
The announcer at Lime Rock is the best I have ever heard. Good idea having him talk up the club Erik. Wish I had thought of giving him a short press release as I had two people from one of my sponsor companies there and they were instrumental in getting the car ready Thursday evening.

This was the first time I've seen Tom happy after a race this season, and his lap times were pretty good again. Good job moving up from 8th to 3rd Tom!

I probably won't have a chance to render my video for online consumption for a few weeks, but I will say - there was lots of traffic, and a couple of tense moments steering clear of hazards.
william harris
Video, Video, we need the in car camera shots and the beautiful wail of that Type Four Motor in action!!! smilie_pokal.gif burnout.gif
groot
Excellent performance, guys!!!

Eric, sorry about that incident. If you find you have serious chassis issues, call me. We could work something out to make sure you compete at the Runoffs.
ChrisFoley
Kevin,
We're pretty sure Erik's damage was limited to the trailing arm. I'll have a fresh one ready for him to install by this weekend and he might go to Pocono to shake the car down after an alignment check.
How about you? Will you have that new backup engine ready for the last 2 races in your division?
groot
I figured out the pushrod lengths last night, so it's coming along. I had a few hiccups along the way, but it'll be together by next week.

So, I should be able to pick up some points at Grattan in a few weeks.

As you probably know, if I make the Runoffs, I'll be running the back-up engine there, too. So, it's a good thing I'm putting in one of Jake's cams.
ChrisFoley
Best of luck to you Kevin! smile.gif
I know, it's always nerve-racking when you put a new combination into the car and you're under pressure to perform at the same time.
ChrisFoley
Here's the Winner's circle photo from the F Produciton race Saturday.
From left to right: Williams (2nd), Foley (1st), Burdge (3rd)
URY914
Senna, Prost, Schumacher smilie_pokal.gif

Paul
Jake Raby
Two out of Three running RAT power!

It can't get much better than that!
SGB
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Alright!

Great, Chris (but no surprise). Tangerine Racing Uber Alles!
That was a VERY good time Erik. Look out Chris.

Go fellas go! Drive 'em like they are on fire, 'cause they might be!
-Scott
smilie_pokal.gif
guywan914
Chris, just got back in town. Congrats smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif :trophy:AND CONGRATS TO ALL OTHER 914'S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.