Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield trim question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thunderchief
I want to go with black trim around the windshield for my build when I have it installed in a few weeks. Do they make custom black windshield trim for the 914 or is it just a generic part for windshields in general? Thanks in advance.
Craigers17
You can omit it completely and get the look you're probably looking for with this:

https://914rubber.com/rubber-replacement-fo...hield-molding-1

Click to view attachment
mlindner
I'm installing one this week. First thing is clean window seal area and prime for the sticky butal tape, also on inside of window glass, mask first. MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Wew
Be super careful. Especially when tapping down the trim. It doesn’t take much to crack the windshield. Ask me how I know.
chair.gif
willieg
My brother-in-law and I recently put in his windshield with the butyl tape. There are some really good articles regarding installation of the windshield. Be sure to paint the area where the butyl tape is placed, definitely black paint, because the butyl tape squeezes and never in a straight and consistent line. The black paint hides many of the little squiggles/imperfections of the butyl tape.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.