Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for 914 in New England
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
WP622755
Hi,

Looking for a father son project with decent body that needs mechanical restoration. location within 500 miles of Providence RI.

Racer
QUOTE(WP622755 @ Feb 8 2021, 09:21 AM) *

Hi,

Looking for a father son project with decent body that needs mechanical restoration. location within 500 miles of Providence RI.

500 miles.. that's Northern Virginia to the south, Pittsburgh to the west and the great white to the north.

and, it seems that this is the natural environment for RUST to destroy a car. Finding the opposite (good body/bad mechanicals) may be more challenging.

Also, what's the goal of the project? Learn stuff? Build a street car? Race car? V8 Swap?

Also, the price range for your project? Might be more spendy to find a nice project car in the NE vs the southwest.

Heres one.. Just needs an engine and trans? http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=351228&hl=
WP622755
QUOTE(WP622755 @ Feb 8 2021, 09:21 AM) *

Hi,

I understand this will be hard to find. We mechanically restored a Beetle that had been sitting for many years with a good body but needed mechanical work. This would be a car for C&C and to drive around. The goal is to learn more about restoring cars and keeping the car original as possible.
Jb12
Hey man I've got a solid rust free 74 roller sitting in my enclosed trailer. Just wondering what is your budget, and how much of a complete car are you looking for?
WP622755
QUOTE(Jb12 @ Feb 11 2021, 11:16 AM) *

Hey man I've got a solid rust free 74 roller sitting in my enclosed trailer. Just wondering what is your budget, and how much of a complete car are you looking for?

My budget is less than 10k I looking for a car with most if not all the parts that need mechanical work, I can tune up the engine, rebuild brakes etc.

What color, do you have any pictures.
Jb12
QUOTE(WP622755 @ Feb 11 2021, 01:45 PM) *

My budget is less than 10k I looking for a car with most if not all the parts that need mechanical work, I can tune up the engine, rebuild brakes etc.

What color, do you have any pictures.

Right now she's just got a thick coat of grey primer. The car has been completely stripped down. I have many boxes of parts to go with the car. I have everything minus a rear hub on the passenger side. All of the parts are in good shape just needs to be painted and assembled. Which is easier said than done, but on the bright side there is not anywhere on the car that needs rust repair.
Jb12
Also forgot to mention I do have a clean Va title for the car smile.gif
WP622755
QUOTE(Jb12 @ Feb 11 2021, 02:12 PM) *

Looks interesting how about the motor and transmission are they with the car. do you have time to discuss
?
Jb12
QUOTE(WP622755 @ Feb 12 2021, 08:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Jb12 @ Feb 11 2021, 02:12 PM) *

Looks interesting how about the motor and transmission are they with the car. do you have time to discuss
?

Yup the 1.7 motor and tran come with the car.
SavingManuals
@Jb12 What is the paint color code on driver's door hinge plate?
Jb12
QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Feb 12 2021, 03:29 PM) *

@Jb12 What is the paint color code on driver's door hinge plate?

The og color is code L64k which is zambezi green. Obviously now after the car was blasted and primed the green is long gone.
Stuckon914

Hi. If he doesn’t buy do you have your car posted somewhere for sale? I’m in Maryland, looking for a while. Thanks
Jb12
QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Feb 21 2021, 02:47 PM) *

Hi. If he doesn’t buy do you have your car posted somewhere for sale? I’m in Maryland, looking for a while. Thanks

While the gentlemen who put the ad up has passed on the car another member pm’d me. The car is currently spoken for and hopefully in the next coming days will be heading to a new home. Also just in case you were confused or looking the car was never technically posted for sale anywhere. Good luck and thanks for the interest smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.