Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frame straightening for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theer
Can anyone recommend someone to get the “frame” straightened on our 914 LS2?

We had it at the track an one of our younger drivers decided to try driving it backwards... into the wall. Ouch.

Frame stiffening and the cage helped, but the rear section behind the shock towers got pushed sideways a bit. The driver side trailing arm (and supports) were bent as well. The shop has had it for 10 months and keeps coming up with excuses as to why they haven’t even begun.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Boston, New England, Northeast areas (in that order) would be preferable.

Thanks,
Tom
rgolia
Tangerine Racing...Chris Foley?
SirAndy
QUOTE(rgolia @ Feb 8 2021, 12:47 PM) *

Tangerine Racing...Chris Foley?

agree.gif

http://www.tangerineracing.com/

Also worth noting, as someone who had two cars pulled back, you will need to cut any roll-cage and/or bracing in that area prior to pulling to allow the body to move freely.
shades.gif
ChrisFoley
I'm not taking any service work these days, and I'm not really set up for pulling a chassis.
When I bent my race car I found a shop that let me use their frame machine in trade for some welding.
I wonder who Mike Noonan would use. He's retired now but did body work on lots of Porsches in the greater Boston area.
theer
Thanks guys!

Chris actually put the cage in for us a while back.

Any other leads?
flyer86d
Try Damon Josz at Series 900 in Sunapee, NH. Series900.com. He has a cellette bench but you would have to ask if he has the 914 fixtures.

Charlie
a71914
Mike Noonan's nephew runs the shop now.
Mike's Autobody 251 Broadway Malden, MA 781-324-9831
That would be the place to take it to.
Racer
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Feb 8 2021, 05:37 PM) *

I'm not taking any service work these days, and I'm not really set up for pulling a chassis.
When I bent my race car I found a shop that let me use their frame machine in trade for some welding.
I wonder who Mike Noonan would use. He's retired now but did body work on lots of Porsches in the greater Boston area.

Mike was one of my instructors at an NER PCA event at NHIS cause, well, he was the only other "914" guy. This was around 1998 or so. Mike later told my brother (a who was a chief instructor at the time) that 1) Its a good thing my 914 didn't have a right side mirror, cause it would have worn off brushing the wall coming out of nascar 2 every lap wink.gif (they used to run the oval portions, not just the infield ends) and 2) I think he enters nascar turn 1 almost as fast as I do in my racecar.

I was thinking of Mike too, but I aven't seen him in almost 20 years, so I presumed he may have retired or worse sad.gif .

Might check with NER PCA shops (EPE comes to mind) as to where their customers have body work performed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.