Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2021 Northeast Gathering Sneak Peek Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Big Len
TURN UP THE VOLUME

This is NOT the official thread, just an upcoming look at what's in store. Details will follow.

https://youtu.be/xmy38Yz2QLg
mepstein
Great video!

914dave
Leave the jack stands , bring the car!!!
ValcoOscar
14.gif

O
jrblackbox
Awesome!
TonyA
Fantastic job! len. I see you need some steel toe boots biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
rgolia
That's a great video Len. I cannot wait. Happy to lend a helping hand with planning and of course, I will bring fuel filters for all. biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
Zach books summer vacation on Sunday.

THE NEXT DAY

Scout Camp schedule released: Nice vacation there bud

THE NEXT DAY

2021 NE Gathering Released: Shame if someone were to walk in and break it.

So.... Okay. Triple booked for a weekend between Virginia, PA, and NY that was wide open 4 days prior. I guess I need to see if I can rebook vacation. And find out if the kid wants to go to scout camp.

Zach
StarBear
I’m all in! biggrin.gif
Of course, let me know if/how I can help.
wes
Excellent video well done thanks.
Van914
That’s a great video!
gonzo54
Fun Video! (but too far from Seal Beach)
ClayPerrine
Where is it going to be?

Clay
Big Len
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 9 2021, 01:05 PM) *

Where is it going to be?

Clay

New Hampton, NY. Clay.
Dion
Awesome vid Len!
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 9 2021, 02:53 PM) *

Where is it going to be?

Clay

New Hampton, NY. Clay.

Ohhh...there are some good roads up there. thumb3d.gif

Very nice video, Len! Looking forward to it!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 9 2021, 01:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 9 2021, 02:53 PM) *

Where is it going to be?

Clay

New Hampton, NY. Clay.

Ohhh...there are some good roads up there. thumb3d.gif

Very nice video, Len! Looking forward to it!

24 hours driving from my house....

idea.gif

But I don't know if I want to venture that far into Yankee land.

Clay
iankarr
I'm in! Great video!
crtupper
I can't seem to see where this is held. I see the Super 8 by Wyndham 340 Green Tree Drive, East Stroudsburg, PA. But where is the actual event?

Cairo94507
Cool video - wish I could be there with my car. beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(crtupper @ Feb 9 2021, 04:19 PM) *

I can't seem to see where this is held. I see the Super 8 by Wyndham 340 Green Tree Drive, East Stroudsburg, PA. But where is the actual event?

That was last years event, which was fantastic. I don't know if there are lodging plans yet for this year.

Zach
rgalla9146

Perfect video Len ! Well done.
I'm in.
Big Len
It was on the logo, New Hampton, NY, about an hour northeast of last year's. Details will follow.
BENBRO02
Len,

Good choice using an Alice Cooper song. He’s a car guy.

Ben

stevend914
Just wondering if you show up on the 16th or if there is a drive on the 16th & on the 17th? May attend after I leave the Parade.
Big Len
Driving day is Saturday, the 17th.
PanelBilly
That’s the way to build excitement.
Tonyooc
You guys are lucky,have fun. No runs in caligornia yet.
r_towle
I might shoot fir this!
Great video.

Now,,,, finish welding, metalwork, paint....hmmm

Rich
nditiz1
Ah geez now I have to learn to weld. Weld in -6 mounts. Finish putting engine back together. Learn how to install Al kosmal's EFI. Get engine installed. Tune. welder.gif
Big Len
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Feb 9 2021, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(crtupper @ Feb 9 2021, 04:19 PM) *

That was last years event, which was fantastic. I don't know if there are lodging plans yet for this year.

Zach

Yeah Zach, lodging is on board. Will post on official thread soon.
dcheek
Len,

Great video! I'm looking forward to this event, as I was reluctant to attend last year due to Covid concerns.

We are having a preliminary meeting regarding the up and coming VW show season sponsored by the Central Jersey Volkswagen Society. I know you have attended the All Air Cooled Gathering in the past. And, for those that don't know Len has won the 914 class several times. The date will be September 18th and 19th, 2021. Of course this all depends on the prevailing health protocols.

Hope you and yours are well. Stay safe my friend. And thanks for putting together a great East Coast 914 event!

Dave
StarBear
QUOTE(dcheek @ Feb 10 2021, 12:40 PM) *

Len,

Great video! I'm looking forward to this event, as I was reluctant to attend last year due to Covid concerns.

We are having a preliminary meeting regarding the up and coming VW show season sponsored by the Central Jersey Volkswagen Society. I know you have attended the All Air Cooled Gathering in the past. And, for those that don't know Len has won the 914 class several times. The date will be September 18th and 19th, 2021. Of course this all depends on the prevailing health protocols.

Hope you and yours are well. Stay safe my friend. And thanks for putting together a great East Coast 914 event!

Dave

Yay! NE Gathering and Air-Cooled Gathering again. SOOO looking forward to them!!!!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(StarBear @ Feb 10 2021, 01:03 PM) *

We are having a preliminary meeting regarding the up and coming VW show season sponsored by the Central Jersey Volkswagen Society. The date will be September 18th and 19th, 2021. Of course this all depends on the prevailing health protocols.

Dave

Yay! NE Gathering and Air-Cooled Gathering again. SOOO looking forward to them!!!!

Hey Dave,

I thought that AACG was changing a good bit due to some sticky fingers. I was talking with some Jersey VW guys this past fall who said that event was going to be invite only or something like that. Its on my list of shows to be able to make. Is the format changing at all?

Since it is starting to look like I can't make the NE Gathering this year unless Covid cancels scouts again, I'm hoping to be able to get to Flanders.

@dcheek

Thanks!
Zach
rmital
great video! who knew you had such talent....you and Ian should co-produce the next promo?!

…and Zach has been promising coming to Flanders for the past 10 year..... flag.gif
we should have been piggy backing that event from the beginning.
NOW, it's so dam attended, spectators can't even get in; or they're parking in the lot on the other side of the woods
GBX0073
Great Video really captures the Fun and Pulls you in
I am 914 less but you never know ,maybe i will be there
Made me look up and re-watch Taste the rainbow video
Not to leave the West out I think i watch this at least three times a week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ait1MUm3QKQ
Big Len
QUOTE(GBX0073 @ Feb 10 2021, 02:21 PM) *

Great Video really captures the Fun and Pulls you in
I am 914 less but you never know ,maybe i will be there
Made me look up and re-watch Taste the rainbow video
Not to leave the West out I think i watch this at least three times a week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ait1MUm3QKQ

That video needs nothing but what's showing.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rmital @ Feb 10 2021, 01:56 PM) *

…and Zach has been promising coming to Flanders for the past 10 year..... flag.gif
we should have been piggy backing that event from the beginning.
NOW, it's so dam attended, spectators can't even get in; or they're parking in the lot on the other side of the woods

I've been wanting to go to AACG for a long ass time. Probably over 10years. First there were conflicts with the East Coast Cookout. I know I had suggested having the ECC at the AACG for a couple of years. Then I decided to "fix" my car and it was off the road for 5 years... Toss in the whole single parent lifestyle. Still the event is on my bucket list, and eventually I will get there.

Zach
Big Len

Len,

Dave

Looking forward to both the ACG and your attendance !!
saigon71
Great video Len - thanks for putting it together. beerchug.gif

Such a great time last year, we'll certainly be there again. aktion035.gif driving.gif

dcheek
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Feb 10 2021, 10:27 AM) *

QUOTE(StarBear @ Feb 10 2021, 01:03 PM) *

We are having a preliminary meeting regarding the up and coming VW show season sponsored by the Central Jersey Volkswagen Society. The date will be September 18th and 19th, 2021. Of course this all depends on the prevailing health protocols.

Dave

Hey Dave,

I thought that AACG was changing a good bit due to some sticky fingers. I was talking with some Jersey VW guys this past fall who said that event was going to be invite only or something like that. Its on my list of shows to be able to make. Is the format changing at all?

Since it is starting to look like I can't make the NE Gathering this year unless Covid cancels scouts again, I'm hoping to be able to get to Flanders.

@dcheek

Thanks!
Zach

Regarding the All Air Cooled Gathering.....
The 2020 event was CJVWS members only due to the Covid restrictions. We didn't want to totally cancel the event since the German Sports and Swim Club needs the revenue to help maintain their facility. It really had nothing to do with the fact that there was someone stealing parts off show cars overnight. We are hiring security people to take care of that in the future. For the record CJVWS made no money on the 2020 AACG. All the proceeds went to the German Sports and Swim Club.

We are having a Zoom meeting Monday February 15th to start planning for 2021. We want to get back to "normal" , whatever that will be by the time September rolls around.
Once we have more information I will start a separate post dedicated to the AACG so as not to hijack this thread.

Dave
914-300Hemi
Great video. I wish I was on the east coast so I could go.

Of course I would need to get the car off the jack stands first. lol-2.gif
Big Len
An official thread will be up within a month. Major details like the hotel are finalized, others are being worked by Bob, Dave, and me. Stay tuned and save the date.
stevend914
Just hope us out of staters are allowed in. Same problem with WCR. Hopefully by summer we'll be allowed to travel.
Big Len
By the time July rolls around, the entire population should be inoculated. That alone is enough to throw some great parties.
sjhenry1075
I’ll be there! I can’t wait, this will be my first ever 914 event.
Big Len
QUOTE(sjhenry1075 @ Mar 14 2021, 09:24 AM) *

I’ll be there! I can’t wait, this will be my first ever 914 event.

You'll be amazed by so many great people and nice cars. Yours will fit right in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.