Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone recognize this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Ace Le Count
The VIN was not found in the database.
Ace Le Count
Super BUMP!
Steve
You could try carfax.com or one of the other VIN look up tools. It might show if the car was totaled or if he took it to a shop for repairs. Otherwise do you have a friend at the DMV or a cop? They could find the last owner.
Dave_Darling
Carfax won't work on this style of VIN, unless they've changed the way they work in the last few years.

If you can't find the VIN listed here, and a Google search doesn't turn it up (unlikely), you may be at the end of the road.

--DD
Ace Le Count
Thanks, I'll try that!
poorsche914
Have you tried contacting George Hussey at Auto Atlanta?
If the owner ever bought parts there, good chance the info will be in their database.

driving.gif
mepstein
Maybe just move on and and buy another 914.
sb914
dead horse.gif poke.gif
73-914
agree.gif
brant
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 17 2021, 01:32 PM) *

Maybe just move on and and buy another 914.

agree.gif
burton73
Yo, Ace Le Count

Wasting bandwidth.

I lived on Spring Valley Lake from 1988 to 1994 We have more than one guy that lived or live up near the lake. Coondog is in Apple Valley and the Spring Valley equestrian area is in Apple Valley and the rest of it is in Victorville. Loved it up there fishing every day from my deck on the lake.

Bob B
confused24.gif stirthepot.gif
914xr75
Ace, my dad had a early 914 in light ivory. I purchased a running 73 for $4,000 and proceeded to make a tribute of my dad's car as inexpensively as possible. Even learned bodywork and painted the project car light Ivory myself. Every time I get in this car and drive it I can almost believe it is the same car. I never tried to find it because I knew it wasn't going to happen. I do hope you find it, but you can have just as much fun finding one just like it and starting over.
TargaToy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 16 2021, 01:56 AM) *

Carfax won't work on this style of VIN, unless they've changed the way they work in the last few years.

If you can't find the VIN listed here, and a Google search doesn't turn it up (unlikely), you may be at the end of the road.

--DD

That’s correct, Dave. I just tried it.
Ace Le Count
It has been a year now... still no sign of it?
brant
no sir...
needle in a haystack...
accept reality.
brant
dstudeba
I would post the picture of the two men who bought it on this page if you think it went to Montclair. See if anyone recognizes them.

Growing up in Montclair
jim_hoyland
Looks like your VIN was added to the database, and details of your original post too.
You might consider posing another entry for that VIN with specific contact information is someone else just happens to see a car with that VIN and happens to see if it’s in the database.
Good luck with the search.
MCShack
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 15 2022, 06:55 PM) *

Looks like your VIN was added to the database, and details of your original post too.
You might consider posing another entry for that VIN with specific contact information is someone else just happens to see a car with that VIN and happens to see if it’s in the database.

I think it was me that added the VIN to the database in order to help.

I would be more than happy to add more information such as contact information to the VIN entry I created. I will also include a link to this thread or any other site with info to help you find the car. Let me know. Good Luck!!
Ace Le Count
QUOTE(MCShack @ Sep 16 2022, 07:27 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 15 2022, 06:55 PM) *

I think it was me that added the VIN to the database in order to help.

I would be more than happy to add more information such as contact information to the VIN entry I created. I will also include a link to this thread or any other site with info to help you find the car. Let me know. Good Luck!!

That would be great! Thank you so much! And thanks to all who have helped along the way!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.