Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping heads coast to coast 33bs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfinegan
I got my heeds all pack to ship to the builder CA. 15x15x14 33 lbs nice and safe packing...Who do you use?

The big 3 UPS Fed ex and USPO are about 90-100 bucks

Got a favorite freight shipper? please let me know..

2 Flat rate boxes from PO may be cheeper ( about 50ish) but I am not sure they will get there not damaged

HELP PLEASE
seanpaulmc
Have you considered - Anchor Atlantic

https://anchoratlantic.com/

I only hear good things.
A lot less to ship to NJ than to West Coast.

Would also be interested in hearing feedback from other forum members if they've used Anchor Atlantic.

Good Luck,
Sean

QUOTE(rfinegan @ Feb 9 2021, 07:01 PM) *

I got my heeds all pack to ship to the builder CA. 15x15x14 33 lbs nice and safe packing...Who do you use?

The big 3 UPS Fed ex and USPO are about 90-100 bucks

Got a favorite freight shipper? please let me know..

2 Flat rate boxes from PO may be cheeper ( about 50ish) but I am not sure they will get there not damaged

HELP PLEASE

mepstein
Anchor Atlantic Is top notch.

If you have a fedex account I can’t imagine shipping more than $60 x-country.
rfinegan
I never created an account and just did drop offs in the past .. 47.00 woohoo

Seems reasonable to me.

Thanks Mepstein.

-best
Robert

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 9 2021, 05:07 PM) *

Anchor Atlantic Is top notch.

If you have a fedex account I can’t imagine shipping more than $60 x-country.

mark04usa
Maybe shipping via two large USPS priority mail flat rate boxes or regional box B would work?
mepstein
QUOTE(mark04usa @ Feb 9 2021, 09:27 PM) *

Maybe shipping via two large USPS priority mail flat rate boxes or regional box B would work?

No. Not big enough and the heads need to have a lot of bubble wrap around them.
But $47 is good and more like what I expected since I pay ~$50 to ship a pair of Fuchs x-country in a medium heavy duty box from Home Depot.

An account is nice to have. Cheaper and faster and you don’t have to show ID.
flyer86d
Ditto on Anchor Atlantic. They did the heads for the 2.7 for the 1968 911. First class work and fairly priced. I think it was under $75 via FedEx including insurance. I’ll use them again.

Charlie
bandjoey
Doesn't the Dr Evil ship transmissions in a plastic tub? He might have a good method.
TonyA
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 10 2021, 11:05 AM) *

Doesn't the Dr Evil ship transmissions in a plastic tub? He might have a good method.

Evils recent video said do not use the plastic tubs. At least not without a lot of supporting packing inside.
Mikey914
We use a combination of Fedex ground and USPS to get the best band for the buck. Keep in mind that we have all different sizes of packages, but the real key with any service you use is--- pack well!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.