Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber Baby Buggy (Rear Shock) Bumpers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
Does anyone know of a source for the rear shock rubber bump stops (#6 in the diagram, part number 914-333-053-01? The only suppliers that had the stops listed, Stoddard, told me they can no longer get these. AA lists them, but with Stoddard as supplier.

Has anyone tried the "generic" Bilstein stops? Or other stops?

And how necessary are the stops on a mostly stock 4 cylinder car with 100 lb springs?
914Sixer
If you are using Bilsteins they are not necessary in my opinion. Gas shocks won't compress that far. USE the washer that is part of the base in the stack though. Several suppliers do have Koni hard rubber stops that can be used.
mepstein
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 10 2021, 09:08 AM) *

If you are using Bilsteins they are not necessary in my opinion. Gas shocks won't compress that far. USE the washer that is part of the base in the stack though. Several suppliers do have Koni hard rubber stops that can be used.

I think Bilstein says to leave them out.
iankarr
I installed the ground control coilover system with Bilsteins and they recommended cutting that rubber stop at one of the indentation lines. I don't recall which one, but there was a diagram in the instructions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.