Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another part quest: Front caliper pad spreader springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
So far I have purchased new pad spreader springs for front calipers (914-4 late), and both are too narrow. Heres the one I took off, and one of the replacements. The original has a wingspan of about 54 mm, and both new springs only about 45 mm.

Both vendors sold these as part number 901 351 916 16, supposedly for late calipers.

Does anyone know of a source for the correct springs?
bkrantz
Here's the original propped in the caliper. It fills the entire opening for the pads.
bkrantz
The new one is too narrow, and actually blocks the pads.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Feb 9 2021, 07:38 PM) *

I think that spring is inverted

Click to view attachment

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9..._brake_pads.htm
bkrantz
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Feb 9 2021, 09:37 PM) *

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Feb 9 2021, 07:38 PM) *

I think that spring is inverted

Click to view attachment

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9..._brake_pads.htm

Yes. I just put the springs in the front of the caliper to show the issue with the width.
914Sixer
I have a bag of new springs that MIGHT fit. PET shows that part number 901 315 919.16 for EARLY CALIPERS to 72. Your part is 411 615 269A.
Mark Henry
Is the M caliper the same spring as the alfa brembo?
I have alfa and mis-matched springs, not much luck finding a hardware kit.

I also have the same issue with the modified stock rear V-calipers, I can't find springs for it.
914Sixer
Mark,
Try 911 M caliper rear pin kit on the Alfa calipers Thinking they will work. $30 on Ebay.
914Sixer
This might be what you need. Click to open
Mikey914
We had made up a whole bunch of these for Eric on spec and he decided we were too expensive. so let me send you a set. PM me your address I'll drop you a set out.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 10 2021, 11:18 AM) *

We had made up a whole bunch of these for Eric on spec and he decided we were too expensive. so let me send you a set. PM me your address I'll drop you a set out.

@Mikey914 Do have you extra for front and rear that I can buy also? thank you!
Mikey914
Yes as many as you need
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 10 2021, 12:56 PM) *

Yes as many as you need

thank you again Mark! @Mikey914

Superhawk996
@Mikey914

WTF.gif What other goodies are you selling that aren't on the site? I don't see these listed under brake diagram.

These look awesome! How do we order these? Just call in order and ask for them?

What other goodies are you hiding over there? biggrin.gif
gandalf_025
Yes, how do you order these
and what do they cost..????
Mikey914
You would not believe all the goodies I've been working on many are not even 914!
I know sacrilege.....but many are.

We just put the new enterprise resource platform in place Jan 1 and as many of you can tell it's been an undertaking for us. Many of the resources (Blake, Stephanie, and Kenzie) have been unavailable to list up goodies, but we are almost complete. Now they have to figure out where to start!

I will do up a GB for these in the next 10 days figure $19.99 for a set of 4? I know other places these are selling at $10 a pop. Should be a good value. I've spent a good chunk on tooling to get these right. Note that the indentation like OEM used to have to mount these perpendicular (the new ones do not have it).
ndfrigi
Received them today and nicely made sir Mark! @Mikey914
thank you again! Stay safe and God bless!

bkrantz
Hmm, those still look narrow to me.
robkammer
I'm a new 914 owner and just getting started on the brakes. May be a dumb question but don't clips and the related hardware come with new pad sets?
bkrantz
QUOTE(robkammer @ Feb 14 2021, 07:11 AM) *

I'm a new 914 owner and just getting started on the brakes. May be a dumb question but don't clips and the related hardware come with new pad sets?

Not usually (if ever, unless ordered as a kit).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.