Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 73 914 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
rgb91424
For Sale 1973 914 1.7 project. Some rust to repair. I've had it for 7 years. It did run and drive. Motor was over carbureted and blew out a lot of black smoke. Took the 48 ! Dells off it and never got around to making it run again. I do have a set of Empi 40s that go with the car. At 77 years old I will probably never finish it. I do believe the car is worth fixing. It was hit in the drivers side quarter panel at some time and fixed. ( not very well ) Anyway check out the pics. I don't think you will find a better project car for the price.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=780
341]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=780345]Click to view attachment
9144me2enjoy
PM sent for more information and make arrangements to purchase.
brcacti
Looks like a great deal to me beerchug.gif
72914wrx
QUOTE(rgb91424 @ Feb 10 2021, 02:32 PM) *

For Sale 1973 914 1.7 project. Some rust to repair. I've had it for 7 years. It did run and drive. Motor was over carbureted and blew out a lot of black smoke. Took the 48 ! Dells off it and never got around to making it run again. I do have a set of Empi 40s that go with the car. At 77 years old I will probably never finish it. I do believe the car is worth fixing. It was hit in the drivers side quarter panel at some time and fixed. ( not very well ) Anyway check out the pics. I don't think you will find a better project car for the price.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=780
341]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=780345]Click to view attachment

Pm sent
72914wrx
Pm sent
9144me2enjoy
I’ve been trying to contact the seller just 30 minutes after the listing still no reply! By the way 72914WRX if I hear from the seller and I decide to pass on the purchase out of courtesy, I will let you know since your #2 on the list!
72914wrx
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Feb 10 2021, 07:47 PM) *

I’ve been trying to contact the seller just 30 minutes after the listing still no reply! By the way 72914WRX if I hear from the seller and I decide to pass on the purchase out of courtesy, I will let you know since your #2 on the list!

Thank you !
9144me2enjoy
Evidently this was posted back on Aug 21st for more $$ with several interesting parties but no reply from the seller then either. Who knows what’ the sellers intentions are confused24.gif frustrating but just the world we live in! It’s all good, Have a great day driving.gif
9144me2enjoy
August 21st posting: 73 1.7 project. I have had the car since Dec. of 2013. Was going to part it but decided it should be saved. Ran and drove when I got it. Not running now. It had 48 Dels on the motor and was running very rich. I took them off and bought some Empi HPMX 40s for it.
The motor has 2.0 heads. Don't know what the size of the pistons are. The trans shifted very well. I have not driven it since and never mounted the Empis on the manifolds. Car has been on jack stands since and I've done a lot of clean up and other work on the car. the gas tank was removed and cleaned, new hoses under the tank, original plastic lines thru the tunnel. It has a new 19mm master cylinder and new spec rotors all the way around. the drivers side front caliper started leaking. It will probably need new calipers or rebuilt all the way around. The E- brake works fine.
Rust wise it's not too bad. Drivers side long has rust at the jack point, none on the inside.
Pass side has rust at the jack point and a little more. One small hole inside just below the seat belt mount. ( patched by me ) A new battery tray was installed at some time in the past and part of the engine shelf on that side. I have photos. I don't weld so that is why I haven't fixed it. There was swiss cheese under the drivers seat that I fiberglassed. Probably should be fixed right. Some swiss cheese at the back of the rear trunk, That I patched also. Also could need a new panel. From the front bumper back to the B pillar the car is very straight. The drivers side Quarter panel was hit. Fixed by PO not very well. Car was originally Sunflower yellow. Three paint jobs on top of that. Silver,red, and the current Charcoal. I installed a new rear window ( factory ) because PO had a flower sand blasted in the center of the original.
Anyway I think it can be saved, but I will be 77 next month and after 40 years of parting and racing these things I just don't Have the energy to work on them anymore.
$2750
rgb91424
QUOTE(9144me2enjoy @ Feb 10 2021, 04:02 PM) *

PM sent for more information and make arrangements to purchase.

You were first to reply. You can call me @ 928.718.7849
9144me2enjoy
Thanks, I will make contact with the seller.
rgb91424
Car is still for sale. First in line dropped out.
72914wrx
Pm sent and called seller
rgb91424
Car is sold an on its way to Calif. Thank you 914 World.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.