Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 Ranch
My favorite event...

Click to view attachment

That event is Tits. Always has been. Spring is just around the corner and I have a GT4 to get there.

WHAT'S UP!!!
VegasRacer
After sweet 16 years in a row, the 2021 Route 66 Classic will happen. biggrin.gif
It has to. beerchug.gif It's a tradition. flag.gif

I wish I could be planning a fabulous road trip adventure (we all need one) but my crystal ball is broken. headbang.gif
I really don't know what is possible this spring / summer. confused24.gif

Perhaps a Virtual Event this year? idea.gif
We select a weekend. Everyone can participate from anywhere.
Plan you own itinerary and destination, and then post photos here for all to enjoy.
Anything Rt. 66 related will work: Visit a Hot Rod Museum. Eat at a 50's Diner. Drive a Forgotten Highway.

Anybody have a better idea? poke.gif
preach
I did not do the CA part last October but I did the I-40 section on the way home from SD in the Cayman. Love seeing all the Route 66 stuff along the way when 40 follows it.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 11 2021, 09:15 PM) *

Ya know . . . I don't think a 'Virtual Event' is gonna be enough to provide adequate satisfaction. dry.gif

So, I'm thinking Santa Fe in June. MDB2.gif

What say you all ? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
AZBanks
Sounds like a good plan.
stevend914
Just an fyi, the PCA will be in Santa Fe Memorial Day weekend.
worn
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 10 2021, 08:28 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 11 2021, 09:15 PM) *

Ya know . . . I don't think a 'Virtual Event' is gonna be enough to provide adequate satisfaction. dry.gif

So, I'm thinking Santa Fe in June. MDB2.gif

What say you all ? confused24.gif

That sounds pretty good to me. I will be vaccinated and it is closer to my end of Rt 66.
rick 918-S
I would love to be there but I have a new shop to build this year. confused24.gif By the time the event comes around this C-19 thing will be history.
914_teener
If you can do late June it is better and I'd love to go.

Parents are buried in Mora County and I haven't visited NM since my Mom passed in 2018.

I'm in if it's later in June. I'll station in AZ and go from there.

VegasRacer
Well, flag.gif That's all the encouragement I need. assimilate.gif

Save The Date: June 23 - 27, 2021, boldblue.gif Wednesday to Sunday.

Preliminary Plan: Mountain Drives and Historic Culture in Santa Fe for a few days, driving.gif then on to Winslow and stay at La Posada. smilie_pokal.gif
Chris914n6
Pencil me in for cancelling at the last minute because I still haven't fixed my car biggrin.gif
76-914
popcorn[1].gif
914 Ranch
I just got my Permagrin back. I got the Long Distance Drive award in the bag and I will be flying in with a wing at my tail taking I 10 over to the Mississippi Valley to stop by The Shed Barbecue and Blues Joint and then turn north and pick-up I 40 somewhere east of Amarillo so I can work in my stop in at Tyler's in Amarillo for Ribs. Gonna be a fantastic trip even before the event starts.
See all y'all In Santa Fe...

Thank You John
914 Ranch
Still on the fence Kent? I won't be driving a 914. Come on we haven't talked in 10 years.

Click to view attachment
mgp4591
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Mar 12 2021, 04:22 PM) *

Pencil me in for cancelling at the last minute because I still haven't fixed my car biggrin.gif

I thought the head gasket was the issue when we took her out for a spin? Your car is 98% complete and was a blast to ride in! You seriously need to start driving that little beast and HELL with the VQ35 for now! driving.gif
worn
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 12 2021, 12:00 AM) *

Well, flag.gif That's all the encouragement I need. assimilate.gif

Save The Date: June 23 - 27, 2021, boldblue.gif Wednesday to Sunday.

Preliminary Plan: Mountain Drives and Historic Culture in Santa Fe for a few days, driving.gif then on to Winslow and stay at La Posada. smilie_pokal.gif

Computer says 1392 miles one way. Have now taken a 914 from coast to coast and back. Each and every time something mechanical went wrong, but I made it home. Still looking for a run in which all I have to do is add gas and oil. It would be n ice to see some of the folks I met the last time. Now I have to get a Rt 66 guide book to make a halfhearted attempt to follow the forgotten road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.