Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone remember Southwest Engine Rebuilders?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jmkorfha
Southwest Import Rebuilders at 320 E Dyer Rd. Santa Ana, Ca. Did the machine work for me on my first 914. I rebuilt around 25 VW engines using them and had excellent luck.
If I remember right, they expanded, moved and then disappeared.
My shop was in Austin, Mn. I would ship them the engine parts and it would take about a week each way.
Anyone know more about their history?
drem914
QUOTE(Jmkorfha @ Feb 11 2021, 04:12 PM) *

Southwest Import Rebuilders at 320 E Dyer Rd. Santa Ana, Ca. Did the machine work for me on my first 914. I rebuilt around 25 VW engines using them and had excellent luck.
If I remember right, they expanded, moved and then disappeared.
My shop was in Austin, Mn. I would ship them the engine parts and it would take about a week each way.
Anyone know more about their history?

Are you referring to the Rimco - Riddle machine shop that used to be at 520 E Dyer in the early 2000's? I think they moved to Orange. I'm sure others here or @JAKE RABY know much better.
SO.O.C914er
SIR and Rimco were just two buildings away from each other. On Dyer rd. I used Rimco back in the 80’s good work good price and turned the parts fast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.