Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 915 trans with sideshift conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
scootergt3
looking for a nice 915 trans with a side shift. let me know what you have.

thanks

scott
Gearup
Bought a 915 that was said to be rebuilt. The previous owner said he bought it as a rebuilt and had his mechanics (he owned a auto shop) remove the side plate and that it looked fresh and clean. Two things. I have no paperwork for a rebuild. The shift rod appears to have been shortened because I believe they had a cable shifter planned. I bought a new shift rod to go with the trans. Lastly, when I grab both axle flanges and move them together there is a noise inside. So, all that being said I’m going to sell it as a “nice” core. I would plan going through it, however, it might prove better than something needed to be rebuilt. Let me know $3k. Plus shipping Click to view attachment
Luke M
Look up naro914. He has a converted 915 for sale.
Saw it over on pelican but his site has it listed too.
scootergt3
thanks but he sold it last week.

QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 14 2021, 03:57 PM) *

Look up naro914. He has a converted 915 for sale.
Saw it over on pelican but his site has it listed too.

forrestkhaag
You might consider sending a PM to STEVE as he has extensive 915 experience, good, bad, and ugly, in a 914 platform. Also, Dr. Evil will have invaluable advice relative to the 901 box verses the 915. After I attended his clinic in SOsocal, mine works as the factory intended.

cheers beerchug.gif
mepstein
scootergt3/Scott knows 914's really well. He wants to BUY a converted 915 for his 914-6 race car, not talk about the merits of using one.

Hopefully he will show off some of his race car builds beerchug.gif
Steve
Maybe ping Chris at Tangerine Racing. He had one for sale awhile back. He also has experience building them. On the west coast i would only recommend Patrick Motorsports. Jim Patrick might also know of one. Otherwise he also sells the Martin Bott kit. He also developed shift linkage and clutch parts for the 915/916 gear box.
https://patrickmotorsports.com/collections/...14915916metspms
T.Rick6
QUOTE(scootergt3 @ Feb 11 2021, 08:08 PM) *

thanks

scott

Hey Scott, try Joe Cogbill @ CogsCogs.com ; very reasonable & old 356 racer , great work beerchug.gif Todd
scootergt3
thanks guys..

I'm speaking with chris Patrick motorsports now. the bott kit is what i'd like. I'll ask chris from tangerine as well.

I have two built 901's but with my HP/tq and driving style, they can only take so much.

Mark, i'm cheating on the 914's this winter, I'm at the tail end of a full restoration on my 69S..

Scott

QUOTE(T.Rick6 @ Feb 15 2021, 03:46 PM) *

thanks

scott

Hey Scott, try Joe Cogbill @ CogsCogs.com ; very reasonable & old 356 racer , great work beerchug.gif Todd

mepstein

QUOTE(scootergt3 @ Feb 15 2021, 09:17 PM) *

thanks guys..

I'm speaking with chris Patrick motorsports now. the bott kit is what i'd like. I'll ask chris from tangerine as well.

I have two built 901's but with my HP/tq and driving style, they can only take so much.

Mark, i'm cheating on the 914's this winter, I'm at the tail end of a full restoration on my 69S..

Scott

thanks

scott

beerchug.gif
Luke M
QUOTE(scootergt3 @ Feb 15 2021, 07:17 PM) *

thanks guys..

Scott

thanks

scott

PMS did my Bott/915 to 916 conversion. I dealt with Chris too. Nice guy and knows his stuff. I had PMS rebuild my trans while it was there getting the Bott kit installed. I also added a wavetrac diff and also purchased all the PMS shift linkage from the shifter to trans. Hopefully once I have it in the car it should be plug and play. All I can say is get ready to drop some major coin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.